Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WD wont recieve

I am gradually getting my Weatherduino system up and running, it comprises a PRO2 TX PCB v 2.50, PRO2 RX+ v4.03 and a WD 4PRO v1.30Rev_A

The TX pcb is working fine, the RX pcb is successfully receiving data ok, but I cant get the WD display unit to receive any data, it connects to the wifi ok and the inside temp is ok.

I have hacked the code on the WD and it's receiver module is picking up the data from the TX unit ok, so the WD hardware is fine.
I have tested the TX module from the RX PCB in a breadboard with test code & it works fine.
I am left with the conclusion that the RX code may not be sending data for some reason.

I have copied the relevant config code from the RX & WD code below, any ideas of what could be wrong? Have I missed anything in the config?

Thanks Andy

Config settings from RX code
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Enable / Disable Relay Data to Wireless Display Units  (Don't enable without an antenna attached to RF output)
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define Relay_Data       1   // 0= Disable, 1= Enable

//   Define ID's for this weather station
#define Station_ID     0xA1   // Station_ID, use the same value in all TX units
#define Relay_ID       0xA3   // Relay_ID,   use the same value in all WD units

Config settings from WD code

//   Define how unit will receive data. By RF or WiFi
#define RX_MODE 0             // 0= Receive data by RF, 1= Receive by WiFi

//   Define the ID for the Wireless Display Unit
//   Relay_ID should be equal to the value set in your Main RX software
const byte Relay_ID = 0xA3;

Hello Andy,

I don't see anything wrong on your config.
On the WiFi Wireless Display you may try activate the PRINT_DEBUG_RX_MESSAGES on the Config_Options. Uncomment this line as show bellow.

Code:
#define PRINT_DEBUG_RX_MESSAGES

This will print some info every time the WD will receive an RF message.

When compiling WeatherDuino code for AVR boards (Nano, etc) please use AVR board v1.6.21, newer versions are know to cause problems with WeatherDuino Code (at least with the Pro2 PLUS).

Regards
Werk_AG

(04-03-2019, 01:58)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hello Andy,

I don't see anything wrong on your config.
On the WiFi Wireless Display you may try activate the PRINT_DEBUG_RX_MESSAGES on the Config_Options. Uncomment this line as show bellow.

Code:
#define PRINT_DEBUG_RX_MESSAGES

This will print some info every time the WD will receive an RF message.

When compiling WeatherDuino code for AVR boards (Nano, etc) please use AVR board v1.6.21, newer versions are know to cause problems with WeatherDuino Code (at least with the Pro2 PLUS).

Regards
Werk_AG

I am continuing to gradually get me Weatherduino system up and running, the TX (V2.50) is working, and both of my RX units seem to work ok, I have a Pro2 RX V4.03 and also a Pro2 plus RX V2.00.

I am having difficulty getting my WD 4 Pro V1.30 to receive any data from either of the RX units though.

The software compiles & uploads fine, it connects to the internet ok, and displays the time correctly, I have hacked the code a bit to try to debug what is happening and it seems that the RF data is being received ok, but not being processed for some reason.

It seems to fails at this line 

if (TX_Relay_ID != Relay_ID || PacketID < 127) return;

my debugging code tells me that I receive packets with TX_Relay_ID=161 and Relay_id=163 
PacketID is 0, 2 or 3

Any pointers gratefully received!

Hi Andy,

For this, and assuming the settings publish some posts above:

Quote:I receive packets with TX_Relay_ID=161 and Relay_id=163
PacketID is 0, 2 or 3

161 = 0xA1 hex,
163 = 0xA3 hex,

The packets received by your WD unit are coming from the TX unit, not from the any of your receivers (Pro2 or the Pro2 PLUS).
Those packets should not be processed, which is what the code bellow does

Code:
if (TX_Relay_ID != Relay_ID || PacketID < 127) return;

Things you could check;

Don't enable the Relay_Data (Pro2) or the BROADCAST_DATA by RF (Pro2 PLUS) function on both receivers at the same time.
Does the TX LED blink on the receiver?
Check if the frequency of the transmitter module installed on both of your receivers is the same of the WD receiver (433Mhz).

Since you have a Pro2 PLUS receiver, you may try using the BROADCAST_DATA by Wifi

Code:
//   Broadcasting Data to Wireless Display Units
#define BROADCAST_DATA       1          // 0= Disables Data Broadcast, 1= Broadcast by WiFi, 2= Broadcast by RF
#define UDP_BROADCAST_PORT   9889       // UDP broadcast port - must be the same port defined on WiFi Wireless Display units.

WD config

Code:
//   Define how unit will receive data. By RF or WiFi
#define RX_MODE 1             // 0= Receive data by RF, 1= Receive by WiFi

#define UDP_DATA_PORT  9889   // Port to listen for Weather Data UDP packets. Only used when RX_MODE is 1
                             // Use the same port on receiver Config_Options.h (UDP_BROADCAST_PORT)

Out of curiosity, do you have a picture of the transmitter module installed on the Pro2 and Pro2 PLUS receiver?

Good news, the WD is now receiving data fine,  I had missed this line in the config options on the Pro2 plus RX boards code.

Code:
#define BROADCAST_DATA       1          // 0= Disables Data Broadcast, 1= Broadcast by WiFi, 2= Broadcast by RF

it was set to 0! but now its on2 it works fine, I have yet to get the Pro2 RX to send the data, but that can wait for a while whilst I get everything else setup.
I could not find any TX modules so bought some from RF solutions that just need the pinout changing, I'd post a photo but couldn't easily figure out how!.

Many thnaks for all your help with this..Andy

Photo of the transmitter here..

i couldn't find any TX modules with the correct pinout, but this one seem to work very well...
If anyone has a UK source of TX modules with the correct pinout I'd be interested..

Andy

(18-03-2019, 18:01)atbukc Wrote:  Photo of the transmitter here..

i couldn't find any TX modules with the correct pinout, but this one seem to work very well...
If anyone has a UK source of TX modules with the correct pinout I'd be interested..

Andy

Hello, Andy,

I think, it should be "KXD-10036 RF Transmitter Module 433 MHz", you can read about it in the thread
https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Threa...Hz-Modules

Maybe everybody of us usually buying it in China - for example at eBay.  Smile

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here