Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

TX board not transmitting

Hi,
I am having problems with my TX, it doesn't seem to want to transmit anymore. So I am wondering if any of the components on the board have packed in. Has anybody had similar problems ? It is the v2.5 version, and I am wondering if it could either be T1, T2, D1 or the voltage regulator.
when power is connected to it the Tx led is still flashing but I am not receiving any outdoor outputs on the receiver nor are there any of outdoor readings showing in cumulus.
any ideas will be welcome.

regards

tyntop.

It stopped working suddenly or after an upgrade?
What software version are you using in TX and RX?
Can you please post, user config options for both units?

If when powered by 12V the TX Led blinks, T1 is working, and the voltage regulator too.

T2 and D1, don't have anything to do with the TX functions, they just control da FAN.

.txt TX.txt Size: 3,41 KB  Downloads: 175
.txt RX.txt Size: 5,31 KB  Downloads: 133

Stopped working after upgrade to the new software released this week.
Find attached Info requested

If you are using an SHT1x as external Temp / Hum sensor, everything in user config options seems fine.
There is no way that the upgrade break the TX unit from transmitting, but as it happened after the upgrade, double check if it was programed with the correct user settings.

I have tried local test mode and when I click on serial monitor there is nothing showing, not like the table which I have had before,
I have also tried changing the nano processor but still no joy.

Could it be the tx (FS1000A) itself causing the problem ?

(07-09-2015, 02:21)tyntop Wrote:  I have tried local test mode and when I click on serial monitor there is nothing showing, not like the table which I have had before,
I have also tried changing the nano processor but still no joy.

To show that lines, enable local test mode as you did, but also go to line 218, and uncomment it.

(07-09-2015, 02:21)tyntop Wrote:  Could it be the tx (FS1000A) itself causing the problem ?

I don't know, but it very unlikely.
Check if the antenna cable is not broken.

If the TX Led blinks, the FS1000A is being powered, but just to be sure, you can:
Check the voltage of your power supply.
Check the voltage at the output of the 7809

Just to note that I've once before had a bung FS1000A .

Hi,
I have been checking my TX board with local test mode and I am getting readings. but with the new software tx v1.5 I am not getting a reading off the windvane, which is fine offset type.
so I then checked the TX board with previous versions of software tx v1.4_b003/b004/ISTest_b001,
which all give a reading for the wind vane, so I am wondering if there is a problem with the new software with regards to FO windvane.
User settings where as above in the TX attachment

Hi tyntop

I can assure you that the latest software release works with the FO wind vanes.

Regarding the local test mode, if you take a look at the TX v1.5 code (or compare it with old versions), you will see why you are not getting readings for the wind vane in the serial monitor.

If you can't find any other reason why your TX unit stopped transmitting, maybe the FS1000A module is faulty. I never had any problem with a FS1000A module, but as reported by uncle_bob, it can happen.

A note about the Local Test Mode: This is a debug mode, and if anyone intend to use it, it's highly recommended give a look at the code before enable it. Sometimes, for it to work, some lines should be uncommented, or even changed.

I found a similar problem when I upgraded. In my case, the board could not read the SHT21 sensor (because of a pin-out problem) therefore it tried to find the SHT21, blinked a few times, and when it could not find the sensor the whole board stopped transmitting altogether. Once I fixed the SHT21 pin-out it worked as it ought. I am not, however, using FO sensors so this may not be relevant. It may be worth checking that your other sensors SHT10 etc are all working. It seems if any sensor is enabled but "missing" the board stops transmitting.

Perhaps disable all sensors except one, see if it works, and then do the next one etc. etc.