Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wunderground is having problems with the servers.

(25-02-2018, 12:44)f4aii Wrote:  I use cumulus to have the weather in real time, every 5 seconds so it's not compatible.
I also have a wifi instability on the weatherduino, it loses the connection very quickly despite the fact that the router is 3m without obstacles, I have not yet found what it is. This is the second router I am testing. The two cut after a few hours from where my use of a raspberry coupled with cumulus.

If you need to use Cumulus WU Rapid Share, then you can't use the WeatherDuino WU upload feature.
Regarding the WiFi, some old routers don't work reliably with the ESP8266 modules. This is a well know problem. I have 4 WiFi routers at home, with a Fonera and a old Gigabyte, connection lasts only for a few hours, with the D-Link and Draytek, ESP8266 never looses connection.

(25-02-2018, 20:40)uncle_bob Wrote:  Cool, my data is now showing on WU!

Fantastic. Smile Tank you.

(25-02-2018, 23:18)Werk_AG Wrote:  Regarding the WiFi, some old routers don't work reliably with the ESP8266 modules. This is a well know problem. I have 4 WiFi routers at home, with a Fonera and a old Gigabyte, connection lasts only for a few hours, with the D-Link and Draytek, ESP8266 never looses connection.

Quote:uncle_bob
I have a Fritzbox! 7390 and while it sometimes loses a few packets, the connection stays up.

(25-02-2018, 20:40)uncle_bob Wrote:  Cool, my data is now showing on WU!

Fantastic.  Smile  Tank you.

Any chance of the CO2 being uploaded too at some point in time?

(26-02-2018, 01:44)uncle_bob Wrote:  Any chance of the CO2 being uploaded too at some point in time?

Hi uncle_bob,

CO2 isn't part of the WU accepted data.

Hi Guys,

On the last 2 days, i have problems with uploading data to Wunderground, some weatherstations around my place are working again!
I am wondering if anybody else here notice the same problems?

So, my WeatherDuino-4 is not uploading data to Wunderground.
I already gave my router a full reset but without succes.
My RX-4 receiver in "system info" gives a red icon for wunderground. (i did not change anything in software so far)

Looking forward for any help in these.

Wim

Hi,

Not a user myself, but it seems to be a common problem.  See for example The Cumulus Forum.

Cheers,  Alan.

(23-09-2022, 20:30)Wim-T Wrote:  ...
My RX-4 receiver in "system info" gives a red icon for wunderground. (i did not change anything in software so far)

From what I can read on Cumulus Forum (thanks AllyCat for the link to the info) seems WU is currently having some issues.

I have two stations uploading to WU, at moment one is online (Green Icon on the RX) the other is offline (Red icon).

(24-09-2022, 10:04)AllyCat Wrote:  Hi,

Not a user myself, but it seems to be a common problem.  See for example The Cumulus Forum.

Cheers,  Alan.

Hi,

Your information pointed me to a Wunderground problem.
Also a lot of complains on the site Wxforum

Thank you.

(24-09-2022, 19:24)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(23-09-2022, 20:30)Wim-T Wrote:  ...

From what I can read on Cumulus Forum (thanks AllyCat for the link to the info) seems WU is currently having some issues.

I have two stations uploading to WU, at moment one is online (Green Icon on the RX) the other is offline (Red icon).

According the information found on Wxforum  the  WU-site  say use the upload-key ! , but i always used the upload-key!
 Some had succes with the API-key i tryed but without succes. Sad

Copy from WU-site ;
PWS Connection Information   Status: Current  Short Summary: 
If you are experiencing issues with your station not connecting, ensure you are using the upload key located on the My Devices page of Weather Underground (My Profile> My Devices. Look for the Station ID, the upload key is to its right.) So wherever you see “password” in your station set-up, use the upload key. This should bring the station back online. Note: this is not the same as an API key, which has a completely different purpose. Make sure you are using the “upload key” from the My Devices page and entering it where your uploading software calls for a “password”. Thanks for being part of the Weather Underground community!

As always I'm using the upload key, and not the API key.

Currently, for me the situation remains the same than a few hours ago, one station is uploading, the other is offline. Don't know what is happening.

Some news on this matter...

It seems that, currently, when uploading data to WU using the IP address in the URL instead of host name, the upload fails.
For those who need a quick fix, here is one for the 4Pro DB receiver software (v6.2_b006):

on NET.ino, near line 89, search for:

Code:
if (Wunderground_IP[0] != 0)
{
  WU_url = F("http://");
  WU_url += Wunderground_IP.toString();
  WU_url += "/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php";
}
else WU_url = F("http://weatherstation.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php");

replace by:

Code:
WU_url = F("http://weatherstation.wunderground.com/weatherstation/updateweatherstation.php");