This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
software tx and rx indicators
I have a question. Is there any chance to have software transmit and receive indicators on the TFT display, like the RTC and wunderground indicators? I prefer to not have things flashing at me, it's also very distracting when doing other stuff, so I would rather have a dot(s) on the screen, which isn't nearly as bright, blink on and off indicating transit and receive.

Is this possible and would you consider implementing it?
(29-05-2017, 23:57)danner Wrote: I have a question. Is there any chance to have software transmit and receive indicators on the TFT display, like the RTC and wunderground indicators? I prefer to not have things flashing at me, it's also very distracting when doing other stuff, so I would rather have a dot(s) on the screen, which isn't nearly as bright, blink on and off indicating transit and receive.

For that you need a RSSI enabled receiver. V2.0 BX-RM06  is supporting that but it's unclear to me how to read that pin. Signal on the DER pin is equal to DATA pin.

Regards, Zappie
(30-05-2017, 15:00)Zappie Wrote: For that you need a RSSI enabled receiver. V2.0 BX-RM06 is supporting that but it's unclear to me how to read that pin. Signal on the DER pin is equal to DATA pin.

Regards, Zappie

I think that the danner question isn't related to this matter...

(29-05-2017, 23:57)danner Wrote: I have a question. Is there any chance to have software transmit and receive indicators on the TFT display, like the RTC and wunderground indicators? I prefer to not have things flashing at me, it's also very distracting when doing other stuff, so I would rather have a dot(s) on the screen, which isn't nearly as bright, blink on and off indicating transit and receive.

We can't simulate a blinking LED on the TFT with the required flash rate. Even writing a small dot to the TFT display is a "very slow" process.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

OK thanks.