Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

software tx and rx indicators

I have a question. Is there any chance to have software transmit and receive indicators on the TFT display, like the RTC and wunderground indicators? I prefer to not have things flashing at me, it's also very distracting when doing other stuff, so I would rather have a dot(s) on the screen, which isn't nearly as bright, blink on and off indicating transit and receive.

Is this possible and would you consider implementing it?

(29-05-2017, 23:57)danner Wrote:  I have a question. Is there any chance to have software transmit and receive indicators on the TFT display, like the RTC and wunderground indicators? I prefer to not have things flashing at me, it's also very distracting when doing other stuff, so I would rather have a dot(s) on the screen, which isn't nearly as bright, blink on and off indicating transit and receive.

For that you need a RSSI enabled receiver. V2.0 BX-RM06  is supporting that but it's unclear to me how to read that pin. Signal on the DER pin is equal to DATA pin.

Regards, Zappie

(30-05-2017, 15:00)Zappie Wrote:  For that you need a RSSI enabled receiver. V2.0 BX-RM06 is supporting that but it's unclear to me how to read that pin. Signal on the DER pin is equal to DATA pin.

Regards, Zappie

I think that the danner question isn't related to this matter...

(29-05-2017, 23:57)danner Wrote:  I have a question. Is there any chance to have software transmit and receive indicators on the TFT display, like the RTC and wunderground indicators? I prefer to not have things flashing at me, it's also very distracting when doing other stuff, so I would rather have a dot(s) on the screen, which isn't nearly as bright, blink on and off indicating transit and receive.

We can't simulate a blinking LED on the TFT with the required flash rate. Even writing a small dot to the TFT display is a "very slow" process.

OK thanks.