This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Wind and gust measurements
oh  yes mine just runs in stand alone mode. Ok I will get the software and run it on my laptop...I am here at the farm now for another 5 days or so. Is there any special version?

Mark
Hi Werk

I dloaded Cumulus but cant seem to get the unit to register with the station. I have the USB port on my RX connected to the PC usb port and selected the port the device manager says it is but cumulus cant initialize at all...maybe its a driver issue. Is there any specific drive I can dload to make sure I am running the correct one?

Mark
Hi Mark,

What version of Cumulus are you using? Cumulus 1 or CumulusMX.
For this testing purpose Cumulus1 (older) perhaps will be easier to use.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

I didnt see a MX  it is V1.92 or something...so I presume it is 1...it lines up with your page on setting it up
Cumulus V1.9.4...build 1099
That version is very fine.
Please check on the Cumulus.ini file if the defined COM port is the same detected by the Device Manager for your Meduino board (Arduino Mega 2560). Also check the station type (should be type 1). There are also other Cumulus settings that you should check, but firtly lets try to make Cumulus communicate with your weather station.

What happens when you try to start Cumulus? If your RX board reinitialize alone when you try to start Cumulus, please change position of the Prog/ Run switch.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel