This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact v5.0_b001 no WIFI connection
After the update v5.0_b001, the Pro2 Compact no longer connects to the WIFI network. If I flash back to V4.3, the connection is restored.
WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact + Auriol HT13726
(07-04-2021, 21:58)Sun_Dancer Wrote: After the update v5.0_b001, the Pro2 Compact no longer connects to the WIFI network. If I flash back to V4.3, the connection is restored.

Hi Sun_Dancer,

Many thanks for the feedback. Indeed, I found a typo mistake on the initial release. Blush

Quote:The initial release has a typo mistake on the Config_Options.h file. On line 312, where it says ENABLE INTERNET, should be ENABLE_WIFI
This typo causes that there is no WiFi connection, and its fixed on the 2021-04-07 update.

Please download the Pro2 Compact software package again.

(07-04-2021, 21:58)Sun_Dancer Wrote: After the update v5.0_b001, the Pro2 Compact no longer connects to the WIFI network. If I flash back to V4.3, the connection is restored.
Further to your issue.

I also get compilation errors if I enable 'BROADCAST_DATA' in config_options when testing compilation and have yet to install on my unit.  

PHP Code:
C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Arduino\WeatherDuino_Pro2_Compact_v5.0_b001_20210404\WeatherDuino_Pro2_Compact\software\RX software\WeatherDuino_P2ESP8266_RX_v5.0_b001\RX_TX.inoIn function 'void BroadcastData(int, long int, long int, long int, long int)':
RX_TX:536:6error'udp1' was not declared in this scope
      udp1
.begin(UDP_BROADCAST_PORT);
      ^
exit 
status 1
'udp1' was not declared in this scope 

if I leave broadcast_data disabled it compiles fine but have not deployed to a unit, since i need this flag enable to pass data to my display units.
(08-04-2021, 00:11)bgedward Wrote:
Further to your issue.

I also get compilation errors if I enable 'BROADCAST_DATA' in config_options when testing compilation and have yet to install on my unit.  

PHP Code:
C:\Users\xxxxxx\Documents\Arduino\WeatherDuino_Pro2_Compact_v5.0_b001_20210404\WeatherDuino_Pro2_Compact\software\RX software\WeatherDuino_P2ESP8266_RX_v5.0_b001\RX_TX.inoIn function 'void BroadcastData(int, long int, long int, long int, long int)':
RX_TX:536:6error'udp1' was not declared in this scope
      udp1
.begin(UDP_BROADCAST_PORT);
      ^
exit 
status 1
'udp1' was not declared in this scope 

if I leave broadcast_data disabled it compiles fine but have not deployed to a unit, since i need this flag enable to pass data to my display units.

I think this can be ignored now and was obviously related.  I have now applied the fix as mentioned in the previous post now of enable_wifi in lieu of enable_internet on line 312 of config_options and now compiles fine.  Time to deploy!
(08-04-2021, 00:22)bgedward Wrote: I think this can be ignored now and was obviously related.  I have now applied the fix as mentioned in the previous post now of enable_wifi in lieu of enable_internet on line 312 of config_options and now compiles fine.  Time to deploy!

Hi bgedward,

Yes, it is related. Error is fixed on latest Pro2 Compact update.
Thanks for the report.

(08-04-2021, 00:11)bgedward Wrote: if I leave broadcast_data disabled it compiles fine but have not deployed to a unit, since i need this flag enable to pass data to my display units.

I'm so used to my Wireless Display units that I can't dispense them. The "broadcast data" is a must for me too Wink