This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Resistors
(23-08-2014, 12:24)water01 Wrote: I notice in your parts lists you specify Carbon Film resistors. Is there any specific reason for this as most people seem to think Metal Film resistors give more consistent results?

I'll change that statement in the parts list, it's a mistake. There is no reason to specify Carbon Film resistors.
I also use Metal Film resistors.

Regarding the 4.7K resistors, no need to install them.

On TX board, instead of a blue led, if you want, you may use other color (red or yellow), but in this case raise R2 value to around 380R (360 will be fine).

As uncle_bob said, the values for the limiting current resistors for the leds, are not very critical, you only get a little more or less bright on the leds, as you decrease or increase the resistor value.

(23-08-2014, 13:45)uncle_bob Wrote: No worries David,
Feel free to bounce any more questions off me, then Werk_AG only has to come along and correct my mistakes Smile

uncle_bob, your comments are absolutely correct. I really apreciate your help. I don't know how people can understand my English, learned on Mars.
Currently you become an expert in WeatherDuino Pro2 systems. May I send you a certificate of recommended installer? SmileSmile
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel