Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Problems with Pro2 Compact + Auriol HT13726 temperature and humidity sensor and full

(01-09-2019, 03:26)Werk_AG Wrote:  - Change Config_Options to suite your needs. Reprogram the receiver. After it passed the initial screen (TWR letters green) you can safely turn ON any extra T/H sensor you may have.

I might be wrong - but he also has to make sure that the WeatherDuino receives first a message of his "good" Auriol transmitter but not the distrubing one. Otherwise the wrong one will be bound to the WeatherDuino (if it's datastrings always start with it's unique IDs) or if the data changes the WeatherDuino will be locked up.

Regards,
engolling

You are right. That's why I told to turn off any extra T/H sensors.
I'm supposing that is very unlikely that any other kind of device than a possible extra T/H will use exactly the same data structure used on the Auriol Temp. / Hum. data packets, however anything is possible.

We check x0 and x1 bits for a valid Auriol T/H data packet, wind and rain data always have x0 and x1 at 1.

I know of other types of sensors which use the same transmiting timings and data structure used by Auriol weather stations, but all of them respect the protocol (x0 and x1 at 1). The BIOS soil moisture sensor its an example which I know.

Hello @Werk_AG and @engolling,

I was with my parents and set up my Auriol weather station there, so T / W / R sensors and the WeatherDuino and run for a few hours. Everything went as it should, all values were displayed correctly.
At home I have the same problem again, -128 degrees Celsius as outside temperature value and the humidity values are not right.
The second outdoor sensor Ventus W044 I have not taken in operation, which is without batteries here.
I hung 4 screenshots with the text.
Picture 1 and 2 are made with 16 minutes time difference ....
Pictures 3 and 4 are from Weather Underground, the temperature values are the same as in picture 2, but the values are completely different.
Everything very strange.

Greetings, André

pWS_Sun_Dancer  WeatherDuino 4Pro+ Millenium Falcon; WeatherDuino Stuff at Thingiverse

Hi André,

this means you have a disturber near to you and the WeatherDuino thinks it's an Auriol TX.
I think that's the thing to solve.

The different values at WeatherUnderground we don't need to care about in the first steps. They probably come from a variable overflow at some point, because -120°C is not a very realistic weather condition Smile.

Did you reset or flash your WeatherDuino when you got home again? The software modification of Werk should exactly prevent that wrong values are read.

Maybe you can activate the AURIOL DEBUG Messages by removing the comments // and post the output of the serial monitor here.

regards,
engolling

(06-09-2019, 21:11)engolling Wrote:  Hi André,

this means you have a disturber near to you and the WeatherDuino thinks it's an Auriol TX.
I think that's the thing to solve.

The different values at WeatherUnderground we don't need to care about in the first steps. They probably come from a variable overflow at some point, because -120°C is not a very realistic weather condition Smile.

Did you reset or flash your WeatherDuino when you got home again? The software modification of Werk should exactly prevent that wrong values are read.

Maybe you can activate the AURIOL DEBUG Messages by removing the comments // and post the output of the serial monitor here.

regards,
engolling

Hello engolling,
certainly I have a troublemaker in my environment, in my apartment I have all 433 MHz devices such as Broadlink RM and Sonoff RF Bridge crippled to exclude interfering sources. I certainly can not influence more.

With my parents, I flashed the WeatherDuino with the latest software and connected it to the sensors. Everything went fine.
To transport I had to disconnect the WeatherDuino from the power, logically, but I had not resetet it. Everything was set up and reconnected at home and the problem recurred. Everything has been going on for about 16 hours. I used to set the Auriol weather station off all the time, put out the batteries, pressed all the buttons and reinserted the batteries, initialized the sensors and then started the WeatherDuino. Time the sensors right next to it, sometimes further away, etc. Again and again there were the wrong values ​​in temperature and humidity.
Before I went to work yesterday, I took out the batteries from the Auriol Station, but left the WeatherDuino running and in the evening when I got home the values ​​fitted. I looked at Weatherunderground for the values ​​and could see that since yesterday morning 10 o'clock also no disconnections more gave. I would like to reproduce this path again, but for now I let the system run like this.

Greetings, André

pWS_Sun_Dancer  WeatherDuino 4Pro+ Millenium Falcon; WeatherDuino Stuff at Thingiverse

Hi André,

just to make sure there is no misunderstanding I write you in German.

Also Werk hat die Software vom Auriol Plugin des WeatherDuino so verändert, dass die ID von deinem Sender fest gespeichert wird. Diese bleibt auch gespeichert, wenn der Strom am WeatherDuino weg war. Das ist das was in Werks Beitrag vom 01.09. als "ID" in der Tabelle aufgeführt ist.
Dies soll verhindern, dass irgendein Störsignal als gültiges Signal interpretiert wird.

Der Auriol Sender generiert aber bei jedem Batteriewechsel eine neue ID, sodass dann der WeahtherDuino neu angelernt werden muss.

Der WeatherDuino wird nach jedem Softwareupdate und manuell angestoßenen Reset zurückgesetzt.
(Maybe Werk can acknowledge that the WeatherDuino is after each flashing reseted and is able to read a new transmitter ID).

Dies bedeutet aber auch, dass die ID deines Störers unter Umständen gespeichert wird, wenn dieser schneller ist beim Senden als der Auriol Sender. Deswegen meinte ich auch, du sollst mal ganz woanders hinfahren um die erstmalige Inbetriebnahme zu machen.

Die 433 MHz Funkstrecken haben doch 100m Reichweite und mehr, was bedeutet du hast vermutlich so an die 1000 Nachbarn die Störungen verursachen können.

Im Endeffekt ist nun der WeatherDunio mit deinem Auriol Sender gepaart, genauso wie es die original Auriol Basisstation auch macht. Diese ist übrigens rein passiv und muss auch nicht laufen. Somit sollte auch alles einwandfrei funktionieren.

Falls du noch Fragen hast, antworte einfach. Idealerweise natürlich in Englisch, damit die anderen Mitglieder auch mitlesen können, wenn es aber Verständnisprobleme gibt, gerne auch in Deutsch.

Grüße,
engolling

Hi André

I has been following your Wunderground page, and indeed, as Engolling said, it seems that WeatherDuino is now correctly paired with the Auriol weather station. It should remain paired until the Auriol transmitter be turned off by removing the batteries.

Despite my silence on the last days, I'm intensely working on the Auriol code. I believe that I'm very close to what I think will be definitive solution. The checksum of each data packet, as it is done by the original Auriol receiver, is now also implemented on the WeatherDuino code. Hopefully it will solve the problem definitively.
In a few days, I hope to have finished the new code, if you would like to test it, I will be happy to send it to you. Unfortunately I'm unable to fully test the changes done on the code, because I can't recreate the situation caused by the interfering device that is affecting you.

@Engolling - Now I understand why, some years ago when the Auriol weather stations were very popular and several people had done code to decode their messages with Arduino, I haven't saw a single code which have implemented the checksums on the received data packets. The info existent on the only documentation about the Auriol protocol which I know about, do have reference to the used formulas to calculate the checksum, but is lacking several important info, which took me the last week to discover: before crc calculation, the bits of each byte of a received data packet, must be reversed. Wonderfull at least.

Regards from Portugal to Germany

Hello Werk_AG, hello engolling,

I was offline for a few days, because the work has started again.
 I would like to thank you both very much for your support in troubleshooting.  My Weatherduino harmonises well with the Auriol sensors.  So far, there were no more problems with my troublemaker despite reboots of the system.  I still can not find the source of the problem, but it is still there, because other devices working at 433 MHz often malfunction.  
In the meantime, I flashed an Android TV box with Linux and installed CumulusMX.  A solar panel with charge monitoring and a 7Ah battery has also arrived to create its own power supply ?.
 Planned are still more sensors to integrate, but next is the first integration of the WeatherDuino in my smart home system via ioBroker.  

@Werk_AG, I like to try or test the Auriol Code.  

Greetings back to Portugal.

Hi Sun_Dancer

I shall publish the new version during next week. Now the checksum is verified on each data packet received from the Auriol weather station. I'm happy with the improvements on the Auriol code.

Seems the Auriol weather stations are being sell again by Lidl... the rain gauge is quite good, in my opinion, it alone worths the cost of the whole Auriol weather station package. The weak point of the Auriol weather station, is the temperature / humidity sensor, which, due to the absence of a radiation shield tends to give inaccurate values, but all the other data compares well to those from more expensive equipment.

Rgs