This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
EBAY Useful current sales for Weatherduino Pro Sensors.
(08-05-2019, 17:19)JT118 Wrote: Only a few hours to go: research grade;

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vector-Instru...3469879843

https://www.windspeed.co.uk/ws/index.html

Vane is good. But can the A100L2 anemometer be easily used with the Weatherduino TX? The specification on the VI website says 6.5V DC minimum for power supply, and I thought the Weatherduino TX worked at 5V.
A100L2 anemometer:

"The A100L2 has a "secondary" analog/voltage output signal in addition to the "primary" pulse/frequency output signal, however the analog/voltage signal is less accurate (see specsheet) and we advise that only the pulse/frequency signal be used in applications requiring the highest accuracy (such as Wind Assessment). Please refer to the A100LK for a similar anemometer with pulse/frequency output signal only."

It uses the same pulse output as the A100LK therefore < 5V and works on mine.
(09-05-2019, 12:55)JT118 Wrote: A100L2 anemometer:

"The A100L2 has a "secondary" analog/voltage output signal in addition to the "primary" pulse/frequency output signal, however the analog/voltage signal is less accurate (see specsheet) and we advise that only the pulse/frequency signal be used in applications requiring the highest accuracy (such as Wind Assessment). Please refer to the A100LK for a similar anemometer with pulse/frequency output signal only."

It uses the same  pulse output as the A100LK therefore < 5V and works on mine.

Thank you! As well as being wrong about the signal voltage, which you've pointed out is 5V and therefore fine for the Weatherduino, I think I conflated the supply voltage with the signal voltage. Do you run a higher voltage supply to the A100LK from the Weatherduino TX (9V / 12V to meet the specified min 6.5V) or does it run ok on a 5V supply?
Runs OK on 5V.

The seller seems to have these for sale regularly, from Glasgow, so presumably they come off the numerous wind farms round here. I have bought a few though though these went relatively expensively but still cheaper than the davis equivalent, and new they are about £300.00 each.
ONE NOT TO BUY,  not sure how he got his pricing for a £5.00 anemometer. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sensor-wind-s...2624199453
(09-05-2019, 14:57)JT118 Wrote: Runs OK on 5V.

The seller seems to have these for sale regularly, from Glasgow, so presumably they come off the numerous wind farms round here. I have bought a few though though these went relatively expensively but still cheaper than the davis equivalent, and new they are about £300.00 each.

Thank you again. Good to know. I hope also to get some of these up and running in the future.