This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Air Quality Monitor - How to upload data to ThingSpeak.
Hello,

Some family concerns in Belgium make me little present.
A European AQM link, well done (for me).

http://airindex.eea.europa.eu/

The European Air Quality Index
The European Air Quality Index allows users to understand more about current air quality where they live, work or travel. Displaying up-to-date information for Europe, users can gain insights into the air quality in individual countries, regions and cities.
European Union legislation sets air quality standards both for the short-term (hourly/daily) and long-term (annual) air quality levels: standards for long-term levels are necessarily stricter than for short-term levels, because serious health effects occur from long-term exposure to such pollutants.
About the Index
The Index indicates the short-term air quality situation at more than two thousand air quality monitoring stations across Europe, using up-to-date data reported by EEA’s member countries. It does not reflect the long-term (annual) air quality situation, which may differ significantly.
Measurements of up to five key pollutants supported by modelled data determine the index level that describes the current air quality situation at each monitoring station. The single index level corresponds to the poorest index level for any of five pollutants according to the following scheme.
Pollutant
Index level
(based on pollutant concentrations in µg/m3)
Good
Fair
Moderate
Poor
Very poorParticles less than 2.5 µm (PM2.5)
0-10
10-20
20-25
25-50
50-800
Particles less than 10 µm (PM10)
0-20
20-35
35-50
50-100
100-1200
Nitrogen dioxide (NO2)
0-40
40-100
100-200
200-400
400-1000
Ozone (O3)
0-80
80-120
120-180
180-240
240-600
Sulphur dioxide (SO2)
0-100
100-200
200-350
350-500
500-1250
Notes:
  1. Given the small number of pollutants often measured at traffic air quality monitoring stations, the index is calculated only for those traffic stations which measure both NO2 and PM (i.e. either PM2.5 or PM10 or both).
  2. For air quality monitoring stations at all other locations, the index is calculated for those stations which measure at least the three pollutants NO2, O3 and PM (i.e. either PM2.5 or PM10 or both).
  3. The index is not calculated for air quality measurements that exceed the maximum value shown in the ‘Very poor’ category. Reported up-to-date measurements higher than these values are typically found to be erroneous, and in such instances are flagged for further analysis and marked as 'no data'.
  4. PM10 and PM2.5 values are based on 24-hour running means
Index methodology
The Index uses ‘up-to-date’ air quality data officially reported every hour by the EEA’s member countries, and complemented – as necessary – by modelled air quality data from the European Union’s Copernicus Atmospheric Monitoring Service (CAMS). Note that the up-to-date air quality reported by countries is not formally verified and therefore is not considered for compliance against air quality standards.
By default, the air quality index depicts the situation 6 hours ago – however users can select any specific hour in the preceding 48 hours.
When data from countries has not been reported for a given hour, values are approximated ('gap-filled') using CAMS modelled air quality data. In such cases, it is clearly marked within the Index as ‘modelled data’.
The gap-filling method used depends on the pollutant, i.e.
When data from countries has not been reported for a given hour, values are approximated ('gap-filled') using CAMS modelled air quality data. In such cases, it is clearly marked within the Index as being 'modelled data'.
The gap-filling method used depends on the pollutant, i.e.
  • for NO2, PM2.5 and PM10 by using a difference method;
  • for O3 by using a multiplicative method;
  • for SO2 no gap filling is performed.
Difference method: the value is approximated by taking the CAMS modelled value, and adding or subtracting a correction difference. This correction is the average difference between previously measured values and the CAMS modelled value for the same hour for at least three of the four previous days.
Multiplicative method: the value is approximated by taking the CAMS modelled value, and applying a correction factor. This correction is the average ratio between the previously measured values and the CAMS modelled values for the same hour for at least three of the four previous days.
In cases where there no measured values for the same hour over three of the four previous days, the index value for the given pollutant is not calculated and is reported as 'no data'.
Further information
The European Environment Agency publishes a range of information on air quality: The European Air Quality Index was developed jointly by the European Commission’s Directorate General for Environment and the European Environment Agency to inform citizens and public authorities about air quality status across Europe.

See you later.
Werk,
My data is now uploading to thingspeak Channel #408290 but I see that no date is displayed.Is there a way to enable this and any way to reorder the field display.
Regards
Jim
(23-01-2018, 06:33)Barrow4491 Wrote: Werk,
My data is now uploading to thingspeak Channel #408290 but I see that no date is displayed.Is there a way to enable this and any way to reorder the field display.
Regards
Jim

Hi Barrow4491,

You probably didn't set public view so we can't to tell you what you have wrongly ...
My channel is here: https://thingspeak.com/channels/327199
Best Regards
Zdenek

(23-01-2018, 08:14)Phornychz Wrote:
(23-01-2018, 06:33)Barrow4491 Wrote: Werk,
Regards
Jim

Hi Barrow4491,

You probably didn't set public view so we can't to tell you what you have wrongly ...
My channel is here: https://thingspeak.com/channels/327199

Hi,
Yes I did set it as public but did not set up graphs yet
Regards
Jim