This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Air Quality Monitor - How to upload data to ThingSpeak.
Quote:Hi Allan,

Thank you for having noted this error. I already fixed it and updated the published software, however I haven't changed the version number.

Thank you Werk_AG. Finding it gave my brain some much needed exercise. Big Grin

Also, thank you and the team who have put a lot of time and effort in developing this amazing project!!

Allan
Quote:No CO2 Display on board LCD but that seems to be the same for all?

JT118, have you been able to get CO2 levels displaying on the LCD and if you have, how did you do it?? Huh
The LCD attached to my AQI board is not showing anything, but CO2 *is* being displayed on the screen attached to the PLUS RX - and of course is also showing on ThingSpeak.

Allan
(02-10-2017, 17:05)AllanG Wrote:
Quote:No CO2 Display on board LCD but that seems to be the same for all?

JT118, have you been able to get CO2 levels displaying on the LCD and if you have, how did you do it?? Huh
The LCD attached to my AQI board is not showing anything, but CO2 *is* being displayed on the screen attached to the PLUS RX - and of course is also showing on ThingSpeak.

Allan

Hello Allan,
Its possible that there is a bug related to display the CO2 levels on the LCD display, I will try to verify it tonight.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

No, CO2 does not show on AQI LCD, but shows on RX and WD units. Fix coming I think.
Fixed in v6.0 b004
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Quote:No, CO2 does not show on AQI LCD, but shows on RX and WD units. Fix coming I think.

Thanks for confirming, I wasn't sure if I'd missed something.

Quote:Fixed in v6.0 b004

Yes, CO2 is now displaying, thank you!

Allan.
Your readings are interesting, Mine is still in the house so CO2 readings are as I expect. (you can see when I and family are in the house!). I shall try and get it outside ASAP. I think the self calibration on mine is working and probably throwing the numbers out a bit. (https://thingspeak.com/channels/328043 ) But the pattern is correct and readings when house is occupied probably about right or perhaps a bit high. Readings when house is empty are probably a bit low, but we do have a fair number of house plants so this may change the number from the standard base number of 405ppm ( https://www.co2.earth/ ). All interesting, Our AQI should be good, in Ayrshire at least one of the few advantages of a perpetual wind and occasional gale with very little other than the Atlantic between us and Canada. I suppose you have Liverpool to contend with, but even then AQI looks good.
Mine too is indoors, in an unused spare bedroom. I had intended to leave the AQI monitor running for at least a couple of days with the room door and window closed to allow some "stability" and establish a kind of "base level" for readings. I've been going in and out of the room to make adjustments quite a bit though, so it hasn't (yet) worked out as I'd planned!

Having followed the discussion about CO2 levels, last night I decided to try a variation on the "keep room door and window closed" principle and have sealed the MH-Z19 (mine is NOT the B version) in a big plastic bag full of air from outside the house! It's certainly not a scientific approach but I would have thought that, as it's immediate environment is not changing at all, the CO2 levels detected by the sensor should remain fairly steady over a period of time. I rebooted the AQI monitor this morning when I updated the software so I'll leave the CO2 sensor sealed in the bag for a couple of days and see what happens. Interesting!!

You are correct about Liverpool which is roughly to the west of us. The wind is predominantly from that direction and I suspect there will be a much more pronounced influence when the sensors are eventually mounted outside.

Allan.
For those of us with the AQI monitor inside:

https://envirotecmagazine.com/2017/09/14...ted-issue/
(10-10-2017, 15:28)JT118 Wrote: For those of us with the AQI monitor inside:

https://envirotecmagazine.com/2017/09/14...ted-issue/

Very interesting readings ...
Best Regards
Zdenek