This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
AQM Software compiling issue
Hello Werk,

just compiled the AQM software with Arduino board 1.6.23 and guess what…
total desaster again  Rolleyes

Thats the output:

WeatherDuino 4Pro
Air Quality Monitor v8.0 b001
Please waConfiguring CO2 Sensor
Setting measurement range to: 5000
3C,94,D,A5,6,22,C,1A,43,
6C,43
Disabling ABC Funtion
Reseting Sensor
6C,F,0,0,0,1,0,C5,0,

It skips somewhere at "Please wait 30s" and jumps in anywhere configuring the CO2 Sensor.

The same sketch with Board 1.6.20
     WeatherDuino 4Pro
Air Quality Monitor v8.0 b001
Please wait 30s
Configuring CO2 Sensor
Setting measurement range to: 5000
FF,99,1,0,0,0,0,0,66,

So I will start looking tonight if everything goes fine and keep you updated.

engolling
Is it really a compiling issue, or once again a new problem introduced by the "new" AVR boards manager?
The latests AQM software was released six months ago, since then it worked with many versions of the Arduino IDE, 1.8.2, 1.8.3, 1.8.4
If it appears to not run properly with the latest IDE version, perhaps the problem is the IDE version or the AVR board manager.

(02-11-2018, 18:40)engolling Wrote: ... Arduino board 1.6.23 and guess what…

Smile Yesterday I installed IDE 1.8.7. With 1.8.4, 1.8.6 and 1.8.7 the latest AVR boards manager I can chose is 1.6.21
1.6.22 or 1.6.23 aren't available on the list.
By default 1.8.7 installed AVR board 1.6.21

For now I will continue using IDE 1.8.4. with AVR 1.6.21
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

That's strange, just that you know I'm not kidding. Wink

[Image: y4m289UWgDjIw8lc3LYYtRMfIxPykNDUeFytbhWs...pmode=none]

Today I won't do some debugging anymore, because I encountered some new problem with my SHT31 sensors. I looks like i bought a bad batch bringing all your Programms to hang somewhere. I have to figure this out first.

engolling
(02-11-2018, 22:30)engolling Wrote: Today I won't do some debugging anymore, because I encountered some new problem with my SHT31 sensors. I looks like i bought a bad batch bringing all your Programms to hang somewhere. I have to figure this out first.

Hi Engolling

I know that AVR 1.8.23 exist, I just wondering why it isn't available on any of my IDE versions.

(02-11-2018, 22:30)engolling Wrote: Today I won't do some debugging anymore, because I encountered some new problem with my SHT31 sensors. I looks like i bought a bad batch bringing all your Programms to hang somewhere. I have to figure this out first.

What about returning to AVR 1.6.20?  Its not likely that a batch of SHT31 are faulty.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

Quote:What about returning to AVR 1.6.20?  Its not likely that a batch of SHT31 are faulty.
I have 1.6.20 installed. That's another problem with my SHT sensors. At some point I wrote you that the library might me blocking and it is at some conditions. That's my second SHT 31 now which is able to hang the system.

But that was on a TX module and did not affect the issue with the AQM.

Regards, engolling
News from my side…

The problem does not occur wenn the MHZ19 sensor is disabled.
But it comes from the F() macro preventing the compiler to load the string into the ram. It seems to choke while printing out the string byte by byte.

Checking the issue for a longer time with the serial monitor it not seems to prevent the AQM from working properly. 
It is only a cosmetic issue of the debug output.

Sorry for panicking Blush .

Nevertheless it seems that some internal routines have been changed with the new boards module.

Regards,
engolling