Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Housing for the 4Pro Dual Band receiver

Hello weather frogs,

today I would like to introduce you to my housing for the 4Pro receiver. It's a simple, no-frills case. A wall bracket is currently in the works.
Depending on the setup, I have provided 2 recesses for the power supply, one on the side and one below.
Since I don't have a dummy of the 4Pro this time and my China slide gauge doesn't have the accuracy, the right mounting holes for the circuit board are (still) a bit too far out. However, this is not a problem if the 4Pro has the 433Mhz module, because I designed the cover in such a way that it presses against the 433Mhz module and thus the circuit board is firmly seated.

You can find the case on my Thingiverse profile: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4945252

if you like my designs, please be so kind and leave a like. thanks! Smile

Greetings, André

Attached Files Image(s)

pWS_Sun_Dancer  WeatherDuino 4Pro+ Millenium Falcon; WeatherDuino Stuff at Thingiverse

Nice job!  Like Thank you for sharing.

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(28-08-2021, 12:28)Sun_Dancer Wrote:  ...

Since I don't have a dummy of the 4Pro this time and my China slide gauge doesn't have the accuracy, the right mounting holes for the circuit board are (still) a bit too far out. However, this is not a problem if the 4Pro has the 433Mhz module, because I designed the cover in such a way that it presses against the 433Mhz module and thus the circuit board is firmly seated.

You can find the case on my Thingiverse profile: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4945252

Hello André,

Thanks for sharing your custom designed box for the 4Pro DB receiver. I like it Like

I would like to suggest a little change that could help to fix the receiver to the base, and that can also be great for those who don't have the OOK radio installed.
I'm talking on the approach done by Jarek on his boxes for the Pro2 Compact and Wireless Display units, which works great.
I will let it to your evaluation, maybe it isn't easy to do, due to the height of the plastic needed to secure the M3 screws.

The change is just make the holes on the right (market with a red arrow) as the holes on the left, for M3 screws.

As you know the 4Pro DB, is assembled as a sandwich composed by the TFT screen and the receiver PCB on the back. The idea is using four M3 screws to fix the whole unit to the box. For that, we just need to remove the installed (two) nuts, screws and spacers, and replace them by four screws and four 0.5mm spacers (without inner thread, they could be 3D printed), one at each corner of the receiver. There is no need to dissolder anything to do this. What you think?

Rgs.

Hello,

I reworked the case and placed the holes on the right side so that the 4Pro can now be attached with 2x M3x12 screws.
I have already uploaded the file to Thingiverse   https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4945252 .

Regards....

Attached Files Image(s)

pWS_Sun_Dancer  WeatherDuino 4Pro+ Millenium Falcon; WeatherDuino Stuff at Thingiverse

Hi André,

I have downloaded the new files, but they seem very similar.
The suggestion has fix the 4Pro DB to the case on the four corners, not only on two.
Basically, is do exactly what you did on the side of the TFT connections, but on the opposite side too (nuts should be removed).

[Image: attachment.php?aid=2929]

Summing up, where the red arrows are, have the same two M3 holes, as on the opposite side (white circles).

I certainly didn't make myself understood in the previous message. By fixing it on the four corners you don't have to worry with to have the back of the box helping to keep the receiver solidly fixed to the front box. Certainly I'm being annoying, I apologize for that. I really thing that could improve this wonderful box.

Thank you
Rgs.

Hello Werk_AG,

I have already understood your suggestion, but you did not express yourself in an incomprehensible manner. :-)
The two holes marked with the circle were too far out on my first design and therefore couldn't be used, so I moved them to the correct position.
Since I don't have a model of the 4Pro and my electronic measuring teacher from China is imprecise, I designed and then "printed" it. The material consumption is quite high and I therefore decided to reposition the holes on one side only.
I got a mechanical and accurate caliper from my dad and I'm going to redesign the other side.

Greetings André

Voilà!

The 4Pro can now be screwed on at all 4 corners.

Thingiverse: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4945252

greetings

Attached Files Image(s)

Wow! You were faster than me preparing images with the exact PCB dimensions to send you. Smile

Bottom part is already on the forge... will put here some pictures when finished.
Many thanks for your efforts.