Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Rainfall readings_Pro plus

Hello Jim,

Every time you change the Nano on any TX board, before you start your weather software, you should perform a "factory reset" on the receiver by pressing the push button for 5 seconds. The Nano on the TX units store the total rain tips on its eeprom, and is this value that is sent to the receiver, which by turn compares this value with the last one received, and increments the today rain counter. Besides of many operations related with the rain measure, one of the functions of the "factory reset" on the receiver is put the total rain tips counter in sync with the value sent by the TX unit.
Hope I had wrote it in an understandable manner.

Regards

(02-11-2018, 01:13)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hello Jim,

Every time you change the Nano on any TX board, before you start your weather software, you should perform a "factory reset" on the receiver by pressing the push button for 5 seconds. The Nano on the TX units store the total rain tips on its eeprom, and is this value that is sent to the receiver, which by turn compares this value with the last one received, and increments the today rain counter. Besides of many operations related with the rain measure, one of the functions of the "factory reset" on the receiver is put the total rain tips counter in sync with the value sent by the TX unit.
Hope I had wrote it in an understandable manner.

Regards

Werk,
Thanks for the  explanation; Could you tell me how long should it take for rainfall to register on the Rx? I did a simulated rainfall with water and have not received any response from the Rx unit. The Davis unit, 6465M is only weeks old.
Thanks
Jim

Rain data is sent every 31 seconds.

Jim, after a "factory reset" if the receiver pass the initial screens and reaches the main weather screen, that means that is receiving data from the three main sensors, T/H, Wind, and Rain. Now, if you do a simulated rainfall and the value of the rain counter doesn't increase, check the connections of the rain gauge to the TX board.
If you have a mutimeter, put it in continuity mode (Ohm), connect it to the rain gauge input on the TX board, and manually or by droping water on the rain gauge you can check if there is a brief short circuit, on each movement of the tipping bucket.

(02-11-2018, 04:58)Werk_AG Wrote:  Rain data is sent every 31 seconds.

Jim, after a "factory reset" if the receiver pass the initial screens and reaches the main weather screen, that means that is receiving data from the three main sensors, T/H, Wind, and Rain. Now, if you do a simulated rainfall and the value of the rain counter doesn't increase, check the connections of the rain gauge to the TX board.
If you have a mutimeter, put it in continuity mode (Ohm), connect it to the rain gauge input on the TX board, and manually or by droping water on the rain gauge you can  check if there is a brief short circuit, on each movement of the tipping bucket.

Werk,
When I changed the rain sensor I did not run the new cable but joined it to the existing in the base of the bucket assembly and one of the connections was faulty which is now fixed.
As to the phantom rain readings I uploaded Tx_v6.0_b008 in lieu of b003 with IDE 1.8.4 and at the moment all looks OK. I will keep an eye on it and let you know if it happens again.
Thanks again for your help.
Regards
JIm