Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Anemometer Query
#18

(20-11-2017, 10:56)AllyCat Wrote:  PS: Sometime I must look to see exactly how the Wind Pulses are counted.  At a "maximum" windpeed of 100 mph (160 km/hr) this particular anemometer would deliver 560 Hz (or pulses per second).  That's not too high for most "electronic" (hardware) counters, but the 2 ms repetition period might be an issue for some interrupt-driven software.

Hello Alan,

This is a pertinent thought. The wind pulses are counted using one of the two hardware interrupts available on the Nano. The 560Hz is not a problem for an hardware interrupt, however as you know, also important is the time needed to execute the code inside the ISR, and how all the software performs when there is an interrupt at each 1.78ms.
Before I bought my Inspeed anemometer, which produces 8 pulses per revolution, I did some tests by using a square have generator (simulating an amemometer), connected to the TX unit running the standard software. Honestly, I don't remember que maximum frequency I was able to achive before the readings start to become completly wrong, but I remember that I was happy with the results, as maximum frequency corresponded to wind speeds that not occour easily.

Any tests you do or thoughts you may have on this matter, obviusly are welcome. Perhaps a good reason to complete your TX unit, if you haven't finished it yet.  Wink

I think that there is a user, which is using a Vector Instruments model A100LK, which produces 10 pulses per revolution. Never got any feedback about any problem with this anemometer.
Now is the time for tyntop to give feedback to us.

Reply


Messages In This Thread
Anemometer Query - by tyntop - 16-11-2017, 01:54
RE: Anemometer Query - by werk_ag - 16-11-2017, 04:10
RE: Anemometer Query - by tyntop - 16-11-2017, 05:59
RE: Anemometer Query - by tyntop - 16-11-2017, 06:05
RE: Anemometer Query - by werk_ag - 17-11-2017, 01:34
RE: Anemometer Query - by tyntop - 17-11-2017, 03:02
RE: Anemometer Query - by f4aii - 17-11-2017, 16:23
RE: Anemometer Query - by werk_ag - 18-11-2017, 02:05
RE: Anemometer Query - by tyntop - 18-11-2017, 04:02
RE: Anemometer Query - by tyntop - 18-11-2017, 04:40
RE: Anemometer Query - by werk_ag - 18-11-2017, 21:24
RE: Anemometer Query - by tyntop - 18-11-2017, 05:21
RE: Anemometer Query - by AllyCat - 18-11-2017, 11:46
RE: Anemometer Query - by AllyCat - 19-11-2017, 12:22
RE: Anemometer Query - by werk_ag - 20-11-2017, 05:52
RE: Anemometer Query - by werk_ag - 20-11-2017, 06:02
RE: Anemometer Query - by AllyCat - 20-11-2017, 10:56
RE: Anemometer Query - by werk_ag - 20-11-2017, 19:32



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)