WeatherDuino Forum

Full Version: Anemometer Query
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi,

I'm wondering if anybody can advise I have a anemometer with a 5v supply and 16 pulses per single rotation of the shaft, can this be used ?
I am aware that there is support for anemometers with 8 pulses per rotation, so I am hoping that some changes to the software would suffice.
If this so, what changes would be required.

Any advise given will be most appreciated.

thanks in advance

tyntop
Hi tyntop,
What is the brand and model of the anemometer? Do you have any specifications? Knowing just the number of pulses per revolution isn't enought.

Regards
[attachment=1199]
Hi,

Thanks for quick response, here what I have info wise
Here is a picture [attachment=1200]
Wind run per revolution?
Are you sure this device produces 16 pulses per revolution? There is nothing about it on the specs.

When you will have the missing info, take some time looking at the TX code, surely you will find how to modify it to work with that anemometer.
Hi,

I actually contacted the seller and they said that it was 16 pulses  per revolution
https://fr.aliexpress.com
aliexpress: 45€, no shipping cost
Seems a nice unit for the price, however without knowing the windrun per revolution its hard to do anything with it.
[attachment=1202]
Hi,

following more correspondance I have been told 16 pulses gives better accuracy and is standard for this type of sensor.

I also have more info, see attachment
but my maths  is rubbish, I have tried but cant work it out, so if some one can help with the working's out I'd be greatful.
[attachment=1204]
Hi,

Werk_AG can you look at attachment in my last post, as there is a section in it "calculation formula " would that work out the wind run that you are looking for, like i said my maths is useless.

Also I have looked at the TX script and I noticed that there is a custom type setting "99" for the the anemometer, would that be the one to use. I have noticed though that it is not included in TX confg.h file yet it is in the  "weatherduino pro2 universal TX file.

I have also attached another file giving dimensions.
Pages: 1 2