04-07-2018, 03:07
Werk
We actually had in excess of 12mm according to my old style gauge mounted in my courtyard but I have been unable to access the roof to see if there is a mechanical blockage in the Davis gauge which prevented the gauge recording it.I had an issue before where the birds were sitting on the wind vane arm and their droppings were going into the rain gauge and blocked the strainer and prevented it from reading (since fixed). Thinking about the minor reading it is only one “tip” and it could have been caused by mast vibration
It will have to wait until I am able to climb the access ladder and update the software and look it over.
Regards
Jim
We actually had in excess of 12mm according to my old style gauge mounted in my courtyard but I have been unable to access the roof to see if there is a mechanical blockage in the Davis gauge which prevented the gauge recording it.I had an issue before where the birds were sitting on the wind vane arm and their droppings were going into the rain gauge and blocked the strainer and prevented it from reading (since fixed). Thinking about the minor reading it is only one “tip” and it could have been caused by mast vibration
It will have to wait until I am able to climb the access ladder and update the software and look it over.
Regards
Jim

