Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average

Australian Silicon Chip magazine feature

Good news everybody,
The Australian based Silicon magazine has started to run a four part series of articles with the March 2015 edition now available.

If you are planning to build the WeatherDuino Pro2 system, then it may be worthwhile purchasing either a hardcopy or subscribe online at:

[Image: siliconchip.png]
NOTE: The Weatherstation pictured above isn't covered in this article, nor is any information regarding this available at this time.

The contents of the editions are as follows:
  1. WeatherDuino Pro2 overview and where to source uncommon parts
  2. Building, configuring and programming the Transmitter Unit
  3. Building, configuring and programming the Receiving Unit. It also shows the setting required to communicate with the Cumulus software.
  4. Building, configuring and programming the Wireless Display Unit

If there's any errors in this article, feel free to slap me round a bit Wink

Episode II is now hitting the bookstores and comes with a free 2015 Jaycar catalogue!
Though, since the catalogue is fairly heavy, I wouldn't expect it to be sent overseas, except maybe to NZ.

Episode III - Construction of the RX unit, in the May 2015 edition

The June issue is already out with the details of the WD unit.

Chaos Manor Weather
Mount Evelyn, Australia
http://www.sdsnet.net/weather/cumulus/indexframe.htm

LaCrosse WS-2300, until I have a Weatherduino Pro2 running.

is someone able to post the silicon chip articles here please
thanks in advance

(11-09-2015, 00:27)birdhandler Wrote:  is someone able to post the silicon chip articles here please
thanks in advance

Hi Birdhandler,
I think that wouldn't be fair on Silicon Chip if we did that. All the information is already on here, it just takes a little digging around to find it. You can buy the articles directly off SC, or if you're like me and have an aversion to spending cash Smile, your local public library should have a copy.

If you have any specific questions, please free to start a thread and we'll try to answer them.

I agree, copyright and publishers writer need some return, but could Silicon Chip be asked to publish the articles as an online single issue for say $10.00. I have bought my copies and pdf ed the relevant pages onto a single book, but I will not publish them for the reasons above.
Authors need something back, don't they Uncle Bob!?

(11-09-2015, 07:31)JT118 Wrote:  but could Silicon Chip be asked to publish the articles as an online single issue for say $10.00.

That's a great idea and I also wish they would do that. Maybe pop a letter into the editor with that suggestion, though I'd say they have heard it before and it might be in the too hard basket.

Quote:Authors need something back, don't they Uncle Bob!?

I only wrote the series of articles because I think Werk_AG's system is brilliant and I thought it would interest likewise minded tinkers and SC readers like myself. I did get paid for it and was surprised that they did but I would've cared if they hadn't.

One of my colleagues reckons I should start start wearing a writers Beret Wink

I agree that authors need something back, I bought four numbers and airmail received in 15 days, it is a good investment. Sorry my english no good.

Are these 4 articles still available? I don't want a subscription. What is the best/cheapest way to purchase them if available? Hard copy or PDF? I live in Florida.

Thanks,
Sperry