Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

tx board 5v

I'm slowly getting the transmitter board (PRO TX V3.12) assembled and doing some checks as I go.

I found one strange result while checking the 5 volt pins. I don't seem to have any continuity between the 5v pin on the FAN SHT1X/DHT22 connector and the other 5V pins (for example on the I2C connector).
I do have continuity from the 5V FAN... pin to R11 and from 5V to pin 6 of the 'wind' RJ-11 jack.

All the other 5V pins seem to have continuity with each other.

I'm not sure if I've done something wrong or if there's a mistake in the schematic.

Can anyone help me?

Hope this picture will help. It may be a fail in one via.
Is C7 and R11 already assembled?

Thank you for the quick reply, Werk_AG and as usual you are 100% correct. The problem appears to be with one of the holes for C7. Long story short I believe I damaged the board when I had to de-solder a capacitor I installed by mistake. I guess my de-soldering skills are even worse than my soldering skills! Undecided 

Anyway, I'm going to take this as a learning experience and move on, I have learned a lot. It's just too bad I didn't learn this before I had most of the other components installed. Sad

So I'm going to have to order a new transmitter board, in fact perhaps it would be wise if I ordered two boards!

Please let me know how I go about ordering two transmitter boards.

Thanks again.

Hi,

Perhaps you don't need to order any new boards. The described problem can be solved by using a small wire between a point where you have the 5V and a point where the 5V is missing.

After installing the connectors, you can do it easily. Do the connections on the underside of the board, so the wire will not be visible (per example between the 5V pin ob the SHT2X connector and the one that is faulty).

So, before proceeding with any order, let me know if the patch solved the problem.

Regards
Werk_AG

Thanks for the suggestion but I believe the damage is such that one pin of C7 is not connected to the board, the solder 'ring' around the hole is damaged/missing. So I guess I could use some wire to make the connections right on the pins of the capacitor C7 but I wouldn't feel it to be very robust and might fail. (not to mention my poor soldering skills) Therefore I believe the board is not worth repairing. Confused I believe a new board is required.
Am I correct in assuming that the shipping cost for two boards would not be much more than for one board? If so, I better order two new boards.

Anyway you could try, at least its an exercise Cool .

The shipping cost is the same for up to any 4 boards. I will send you the details by PM.

Hello,

Try to use patch by Werk_AG, I'm sure it would be working!

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

Hello. It certainly is possible. I have a jumper wire soldered point to point on mine for the same reason, for breaking a track and ring. It has been running for three years.

(13-03-2019, 11:04)qldbureau Wrote:  ... It has been running for three years.

Time runs, isn't it? Smile

(13-03-2019, 19:15)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(13-03-2019, 11:04)qldbureau Wrote:  ... It has been running for three years.

Time runs, isn't it?  Smile

Yes, very scary how it does indeed! And the board is perfect Heart