Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Wunderground disconnect after long cut

Hello,

After a long wifi cut (many Hours) , the (re) connection with wunderground is not OK. You see the same thing. Do you have a solution?

Weatherduino Pro2 Compact  : P2ESP8266_RX_v4.0_b004

Thanks.

Hi,

After the WiFi cut, did the receiver recover the connection? Check the colour of the dot on the top left of the screen. If it is red, for some reason the receiver was unable to reconnect to your WiFi network. Reset it, and check if the dot on the top left of the screen turns green.

Rgs.

Hi,
The wifi automaticaly (RE)-connection is ok.
But the upload to Wunderground is not ok.
The reset is OK but I want to avoid it because the Wifi is disconnected every day for several hours.
I'm not going to initiate the WD every day.
I can't and in addition, when the WD is initiated. I have completely wrong rate rain info being sent to Wunderground.
Could you test?
Regards.

WU updates is based on periodic upload of data, normally every 5 minutes. If your Wifi is disconnected every day for several hours, your data on WU will always look as steps.
If there was rain during the time where there wasn't transmission of data to upload, on first successful transmission, what WU will see is the cumulated rain since last reception (before Wifi as gone away).

Quote:The wifi automaticaly (RE)-connection is ok.
But the upload to Wunderground is not ok.

If the receiver (RE)-connection is ok, then it should always try to send data to WU.
On the Debug Helper, you can uncomment the following line to enable getting info on the Serial Monitor, about the WU upload process.
At each WU upload interval (defined in Config_Options), you should see on the serial monitor if WU upload is successful or have failed.

Code:
//#define PRINT_DEBUG_WU_UPLOAD        // Prints to serial monitor messages related to Weather Underground upload.

Quote:I can't and in addition, when the WD is initiated. I have completely wrong rate rain info being sent to Wunderground.

If you never did it, then try doing a "factory reset". There is option on the Menu to do it.

Rgs.