This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
WeeWx extra data plugin
Changed the attachment in the first post.

Changelog:
- updated to version 05
- better unit handling.
- addon should work with all database unit types now (not tested yet)

- installation manual updated to version 1.2

There are still some strange things going on with WeeWx because temperatures somehow have to be converted to degree Fahrenheit (default US unit) even if the database is metric, but other signals like snow height are working fine without conversion. I will check this topic the next days but up to now everything seems to work.
(31-01-2019, 22:36)engolling Wrote: There are still some strange things going on with WeeWx because temperatures somehow have to be converted to degree Fahrenheit (default US unit) even if the database is metric, but other signals like snow height are working fine without conversion. I will check this topic the next days but up to now everything seems to work.

Don't know if this info is important for the plugin, but since Weewx is expecting data from a Davis weather station, it also expects that all temperature data arrive in ºF.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(31-01-2019, 23:17)Werk_AG Wrote:
(31-01-2019, 22:36)engolling Wrote: There are still some strange things going on with WeeWx because temperatures somehow have to be converted to degree Fahrenheit (default US unit) even if the database is metric, but other signals like snow height are working fine without conversion. I will check this topic the next days but up to now everything seems to work.

Don't know if this info is important for the plugin, but since Weewx is expecting data from a Davis weather station, it also expects that all temperature data arrive in ºF.

Hi Werk,
I figured that already out, it was only a bit strange that it seemed that only temperature is needed in USUnits and nothing else. But this was a mistake.
All values given to WeeWx have to be in USUnits to work correctly. If the conversion factor is 1 it makes of course no difference.

Everything should work fine for now - there will be an update of the manual soon.

Regards, engolling
Changed the attachment in the first post.

Changelog:
- moved everything to GitHub. Changements can be reviewed via GitHub
- Bigger changes will also be mentioned here
- Fixed unit bug
Changed source at GitHub

Changelog:
- working on integration of more rain gauges that are not supported on the davis protocol, for example a RG11

At the moment I have some troubles getting the data correctly to WeeWx probably because of timing issues.
I have asked for support in the WeeWx group - I will see what will happen and how to find a solution Wink
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/...q9AcxTzKr0

Best regards,
engolling