This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
WeatherDuino UPS
This UPS is so versatile that we can use it for many other things than WeatherDuino.
The second down converter is because I'm using this unit as UPS for a 5V device.
The RGB Led isn't necessary, maybe a LED isn't necessary at all, I connected it in a way which is GREEN when there is mains power, and RED when power is provided by the UPS batteries. Not a recommendable thing, as the LED helps to draw the batteries.
In true, the RED Led is always ON, but with a very low bright, while the GREEN is a lot brighter, so, when there is mains power, what you see is the GREEN. Just an easy (but bad) way to achieve a goal.
(28-03-2020, 02:46)Werk_AG Wrote: This UPS is so versatile that we can use it for many other things than WeatherDuino.
The second down converter is because I'm using this unit as UPS for a 5V device.
The RGB Led isn't necessary, maybe a LED isn't necessary at all, I connected it in a way which is GREEN when there is mains power, and RED when power is provided by the UPS batteries. Not a recommendable thing, as the LED helps to draw the batteries.
In true, the RED Led is always ON, but with a very low bright, while the GREEN is a lot brighter, so, when there is mains power, what you see is the GREEN. Just an easy (but bad) way to achieve a goal.
Werk,
very clever idea, can you please advise where you bought the rocker switch as I cannot find any with those dimensions and I have printed the case
jim
Jim, on eBay search for: Rocker Switch 10x15mm
(27-03-2020, 23:06)Werk_AG Wrote:   
Hi Jim and AllanG

Thanks for the report.
I have updated the file right now, please download it again and report back.

Rgs

File works perfectly now, thank you.  Like

Very impressive work! I have had my 3D printer for over a year now but haven't had the courage to try designing anything of my own to print. Thanks to that link, I'll now have to be brave and try....  Big Grin

Allan.