Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WD wireless display, sensor problem

Hi,
I would like use SHT21 as local sensor in display... But...
Normally use nr 9 = from main station...
When I use nr 1 or 2 system freezes... Main page after start freezes.
Nr 0,3,9 working, but nr 2 (sht21) no....

Any other settings somewhere ?

I have last version of firmware (5.1)

// --- Define type of Local TH sensor
#define INSIDE_TH_SENSOR     9      // 0= BME280, 1= HTU21D, 2= SHT21, 3= SHT31, 9= Use Main Station TH sensor

(08-12-2019, 23:52)ok2arm Wrote:  Hi,
I would like use SHT21 as local sensor in display... But...
Normally use nr 9 = from main station...
When I use nr 1 or 2 system freezes... Main page after start freezes.
Nr 0,3,9 working, but nr 2 (sht21) no....

Any other settings somewhere ?

I have last version of firmware (5.1)

// --- Define type of Local TH sensor
#define INSIDE_TH_SENSOR     9      // 0= BME280, 1= HTU21D, 2= SHT21, 3= SHT31, 9= Use Main Station TH sensor

Hi Joe,

I'm investigating the reported issue. I will give more news when I have them.

Rgs

Hi Joe,

Issue confirmed, and already fixed.
Please download latest software for the WiFi Wireless Display units.

Software package includes a new SHT21 library, please install it before compiling the code.

Thanks for the feedback.

Hi Werk,
sry, but still not working and with last release not working 4days forecast
The same problem, after boot, freeze...

I test on two boards...
Yes, I install new library Smile

(09-12-2019, 04:46)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi Joe,

Issue confirmed, and already fixed.
Please download latest software for the WiFi Wireless Display units.

Software package includes a new SHT21 library, please install it before compiling the code.

Thanks for the feedback.

(09-12-2019, 19:29)ok2arm Wrote:  Hi Werk,

I test on two boards...

Does the example in the library work with your SHT21 sensor? Please note that VCC for the sensor is 3.3V, some 5V breakout boards with the SHT21 may not work.

Since yesterday that I'm testing with the module pictured below, and it is working (working voltage, 3 to 5V)

[Image: sth21-1.jpg]

Regarding the 4 Days forecast, I can confirm that it is working. Nothing than the code to use the new SHT21 library, was changed from previous version to latest version. You can confirm it by using any tool to compare both source codes.
Please carefully check user config settings.

Thats weird, it really doesnt work: D (forecast)
Ok, but... If you disconnect the sensor, work the display or is freeze ?

(10-12-2019, 05:30)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(09-12-2019, 19:29)ok2arm Wrote:  Hi Werk,

I test on two boards...

Does the example in the library work with your SHT21 sensor? Please note that VCC for the sensor is 3.3V, some 5V breakout boards with the SHT21 may not work.

Since yesterday that I'm testing with the module pictured below, and it is working (working voltage, 3 to 5V)

[Image: sth21-1.jpg]

Regarding the 4 Days forecast, I can confirm that it is working. Nothing than the code to use the new SHT21 library, was changed from previous version to latest version. You can confirm it by using any tool to compare both source codes.
Please carefully check user config settings.

(10-12-2019, 08:56)ok2arm Wrote:  Thats weird, it really doesnt work: D (forecast)

If I select SHT21 as the sensor to use, and it is disconnected or not installed, then it freezes. The sensor can't be read, and the code which read it is blocking.

Regarding the 4 Days Forecast, I have no idea why it isn't work for you with the latest version. I have 3 WiFi Wireless Display units working at home, all running latest software version, and the 4 Days Forecast works on all of them.

Ok, in this case, I have KO sensor, I buy new one and test again...
I let you know Smile

Thank !
Joe

(10-12-2019, 21:23)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(10-12-2019, 08:56)ok2arm Wrote:  Thats weird, it really doesnt work: D (forecast)

If I select SHT21 as the sensor to use, and it is disconnected or not installed, then it freezes. The sensor can't be read, and the code which read it is blocking.

Regarding the 4 Days Forecast, I have no idea why it isn't work for you with the latest version. I have 3 WiFi Wireless Display units working at home, all running latest software version, and the 4 Days Forecast works on all of them.

(10-12-2019, 21:52)ok2arm Wrote:  Ok, in this case, I have KO sensor, I buy new one and test again...
I let you know Smile

Thank !
Joe

(10-12-2019, 21:23)Werk_AG Wrote:  

If you gonna buy a new sensor, buy an SHT31 instead of an SHT21. SHT31 is better, is available everywhere in 3.3V version, while the SHT21 is almost rare to find nowadays, Sensirion no more build them.
Somewhere in a near future, support for the SHT21 will be removed from all WeatherDuino systems. The Pro2 Compact already doesn't support it.