This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Tx battery powered
(14-11-2018, 22:39)mrazoun Wrote: From technical point of view :
- with arduino mini pro it's possible to get mikro Amps quiscent current after easy changes. The firmware in Tx unit is short, not to often to download new one - can be done via FTDI adapter.
- RF via RFM69HW ?
- And what about idea to do in Tx unit sensor measurement and also some data aquisition and lower the transmit rate by this way ?

Hi mrazou,

Sorry to say, but what you are proposing imply almost a completely new system... new TX, new software on TX and RX, months of testing, etc, etc, and most important, it will break compatibility with oldest systems.
(14-11-2018, 23:01)engolling Wrote: Since you have to design another TX board ...

Who is gonna design a new TX board?  Huh  I haven't any plans to do it.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(14-11-2018, 23:35)Werk_AG Wrote:
(14-11-2018, 23:01)engolling Wrote: Since you have to design another TX board ...

Who is gonna design a new TX board?  Huh  I haven't any plans to do it.

I did not expect you designing a new TX board.  Wink  I just wanted to say that a new PCB has to be made to realize mrazoun's ideas.
I know exactly how long it took to get reasonable results measuring the snow height Smile

As I already told, i first have to bring my system outside and the next project will be a foto webcam.

Best regards,
engolling