Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Screen saver issue

Jim, the code snippet you've posted shows the internet connection disabled:

Quote:// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Internet Settings 
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define Enable_Internet     0                       // 1= Enable Internet connection, 0= Disable

#define SSID        "ASUS"
Apologies if I'm stating the obvious - and maybe your "working code" is correct - but I was caught out by this myself a couple of days ago. I wondered why internet wasn't working, then realised I'd not enabled it when I'd updated the software.... Blush
Allan.

(10-02-2017, 10:33)@AllanG Wrote:  Jim, the code snippet you've posted shows the internet connection disabled:

Quote:// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Internet Settings 
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define Enable_Internet     0                       // 1= Enable Internet connection, 0= Disable

#define SSID        "ASUS"
Apologies if I'm stating the obvious - and maybe your "working code" is correct - but I was caught out by this myself a couple of days ago. I wondered why internet wasn't working, then realised I'd not enabled it when I'd updated the software.... Blush
Allan.

Allan,
Thanks for that; I must have looked at that many times and did not see it
Jim
Enabled the internet , saved and reloaded the sketch but still no green light re the NTP server ( I assume it communicates with the NTP server via WiFi.) I don't expect any thing from the WU light as it is still disabled in the software.
I am starting to think the wifi module may be faulty??

Quote:Barrow4491 wrote:

Allan,
Thanks for that; I must have looked at that many times and did not see it
Jim
Enabled the internet , saved and reloaded the sketch but still no green light re the NTP server ( I assume it communicates with the NTP server via WiFi.) I don't expect any thing from the WU light as it is still disabled in the software.
I am starting to think the wifi module may be faulty??

Sometimes the most obvious is the last place we look; I know because I do it all the time... Blush

I would be very surprised if the wifi module was faulty. How long have you left the PLUS board running without NPT connecting?? In my case, for some reason perhaps related to my router and network settings, it can be 10-20 minutes after power-on before I notice the green light has appeared while other times it's pretty well immediate. Can you see a connection in your router stats? Is there a router setting that may be preventing connection?? Is the timeserver you're connecting to online and available?? Just a couple of immediate suggestions, though I'm far from a networking expert!!

Allan.

(10-02-2017, 12:02)Barrow4491 Wrote:  Enabled the internet , saved and reloaded the sketch but still no green light re the NTP server ( I assume it communicates with the NTP server via WiFi.) I don't expect any thing from the WU light as it is still disabled in the software.

Try remove the USB and power cable, wait a couple of minutes, and power it again (always start by the 9V power cable).

If you still can't get the GREEN light indicating a successful NTP sync, try another NTP server.

(10-02-2017, 07:05)qldbureau Wrote:  May or may not have been an issue from Australia, but I can confirm WU activated on Pro 2 Plus here with no issues. I have only tried on version 1.0 b018.

Thanks for the report. All my test systems are also working perfectly now.
We must continue keeping an eye on this.

(10-02-2017, 23:09)Werk_AG Wrote:  We must continue keeping an eye on this.

Yes, WU do break things. Lucky it's not too often.
31c here at 10am :/