Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Raspberry Pi and Cumulus MX - "How To Guide"

I encountered a cumulus reading problem, the error messages were more or less random but in the form 0x10, 0x12, 0x14 ....
I made a loop in a ferrite ring with the USB cable and since I have more errors.
A short and shielded (thick) USB cable should also be used.

I can provide you with an ISO image for raspberry as needed.

I never use any USB cable that isn't shielded, and have a ferrite, this is especially important to connect WeatherDuino to a PC or PI.

[Image: s-l225.jpg]

Hi All.. great info on these pages as usual. I know what attacks are like now. I have a multimode digital radio repeater that runs a Pi and stm32 processor for the digital radio modes now installed at one of my radio sites. The router is a sim router on wireless broadband. I have been looking at the logs and thankfully this router has a very good firewall and looking at the logs it was literally getting attacked within minutes. So I now realise what can happen. I am just setting up cumulus on a Pi3 now so will not give any access to it. Hopefully I can get it all working with my weatherduino. The V1 setup instructions are a bit out of date but I seem to be getting through it all ok. ±Still have to find out why my weatherduino is not uploading to WU yet. Suggestions on another thread are helping and I am going through them. The wifi seems to be working from the debug but I will post that to make sure

The Pi experts here with CumulusMX...I have a question about making the Pi autoboot at startup or loss of supply so it just boots and starts up CumulusMX. Pretty much like making a autoexec.bat file for startup

(20-05-2018, 12:44)markkkk42 Wrote:  The Pi experts here with CumulusMX...I have a question about making the Pi autoboot at startup or loss of supply so it just boots and starts up CumulusMX. Pretty much like making a autoexec.bat file for startup

Hi,

I recommend to use very good script from "slashmusic"
http://sandaysoft.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13767

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

Hi Wizza

Just used your Cumulus MX setup guide and nailed it first time on a RPi3. Thanks.

There are a couple of typos I found that might confuse Linux newbies.

Page 4 near the bottom.  sudo apt-get-update should be sudo apt-get update
 and sudo apt-get-upgade  should be sudo apt-get upgrade

Page 7 near bottom ie Create new folder etc. sudu mkdir CumulusMX should be sudo mkdir CumulusMX

Great job!

Cheers Dave