This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pro2 Plus Internet Problems
(09-05-2019, 01:53)richaam Wrote: No worrys! I did check the voltage of each side against ground. The voltage was 0V for both R8 and R15 on the side feeding into the EPS12 module . I will try reheating the welds. 

Thanks,

Adam

Considering the situation maybe this is a good sign. Perhaps those two resistors are broken. Can you measure them? They should be both 10K.

Rgs.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(09-05-2019, 02:11)Werk_AG Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 01:53)richaam Wrote: No worrys! I did check the voltage of each side against ground. The voltage was 0V for both R8 and R15 on the side feeding into the EPS12 module . I will try reheating the welds. 

Thanks,

Adam

Considering the situation maybe this is a good sign. Perhaps those two resistors are broken. Can you measure them? They should be both 10K.

Rgs.

I went ahead and checked all the resistors on the board. I found 3 bad ones. R8 & R15 are measuring around 1K instead of 10K and R16 is measuring 5.5K instead of 10k. 

I'm not sure what I did to cause this, but obviously the damage has been done. I will replace them and report back.

-Adam
(09-05-2019, 04:13)richaam Wrote: I went ahead and checked all the resistors on the board. I found 3 bad ones. R8 & R15 are measuring around 1K instead of 10K and R16 is measuring 5.5K instead of 10k. 

I'm not sure what I did to cause this, but obviously the damage has been done. I will replace them and report back.

-Adam

Hold on. That is quite strange.
What is the number imprinted on R8, R15? All should be 103. Can you post a picture of your board?
Measuring R16 in the circuit should give a value of 5.5K or 5.6K, so it is correct.
I checked all the Pro2 PLUS boards I still have from the same batch and all have the correct resistors. Even if those resistor are wrongly 1K, they don't cause the damage of the WiFi module.

You may haven't did anything wrong, it never happened before but there is also the possibility that the WiFi module was faulty from factory.
We will solve the problem, please check your inbox, I sent you a PM.
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(09-05-2019, 04:50)Werk_AG Wrote:
(09-05-2019, 04:13)richaam Wrote: I went ahead and checked all the resistors on the board. I found 3 bad ones. R8 & R15 are measuring around 1K instead of 10K and R16 is measuring 5.5K instead of 10k. 

-Adam

Hold on. That is quite strange.
What is the number imprinted on R8, R15? All should be 103. Can you post a picture of your board?
Measuring R16 in the circuit should give a value of 5.5K or 5.6K, so it is correct.
I checked all the Pro2 PLUS boards I still have from the same batch and all have the correct resistors. Even if those resistor are wrongly 1K, they don't cause the damage of the WiFi module.

You may haven't did anything wrong, it never happened before but there is also the possibility that the WiFi module was faulty from factory.
We will solve the problem, please check your inbox, I sent you a PM.
R8 and R15 are both imprinted with 103. See pictures below. 

[Image: 8reKCkU.jpg]
[Image: GTFc2Lz.jpg]