Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro2 Compact 1.1 won't connect to wifi

(21-06-2020, 13:32)sarahdal Wrote:  Through the IDE compile, I get the attached error. Nothing comes up on the Serial Monitor after upload with ESP8266 Sketch Data upload.

Hello sarahdal

That phrase explains it all, now I see what is happening... sorry to say, but your Pro2 Compact was never programmed with your personalized settings, that's why is doesn't connect to Wifi. Despite explaining how to program Arduino devices is out of our scope, I will try to do it the best I can.

1- ESP8266 Sketch Data upload doesn't upload the Sketch, it only uploads the data which will be stored on the SPIFFS memory of the ESP8266, ie, Fonts, icons, etc
2 - To upload the code, as for any Arduino, first you should compile it and upload using the Upload function on the Arduino Sketch tab.

Now lets go to the second part:

Quote:Through the IDE compile, I get the attached error.

If it throws an error then it doesn't compile. If doesn't compile can't be uploaded.

The compile error you are getting is caused by the use of an incorrect ESP8266 boards manager version (you are using 2.4.2). Go to boards manager (arduino IDE) and upgrade it. Latest Pro2Compact software compiles fine with latest ESP8266 boards manager which is 2.7.1.
After selecting as board the LOLIN(WEMOS) R1 R2 & mini, also make sure to select is FLASH SIZE 4MB(FS:1M...
Compile the code and upload the compiled code.
Now upload the data to SPIFFS memory, using ESP8266 Sketch Data upload.

Follow those steps, and I'm sure that within minutes your Pro2 Compact will be working fine.

Rgs.

(21-06-2020, 15:42)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(21-06-2020, 13:32)sarahdal Wrote:  Through the IDE compile, I get the attached error. Nothing comes up on the Serial Monitor after upload with ESP8266 Sketch Data upload.

Hello sarahdal

That phrase explains it all, now I see what is happening... sorry to say, but your Pro2 Compact was never programmed with your personalized settings, that's why is doesn't connect to Wifi. Despite explaining how to program Arduino devices is out of our scope, I will try to do it the best I can.

1- ESP8266 Sketch Data upload doesn't upload the Sketch, it only uploads the data which will be stored on the SPIFFS memory of the ESP8266, ie, Fonts, icons, etc
2 - To upload the code, as for any Arduino, first you should compile it and upload using the Upload function on the Arduino Sketch tab.

Now lets go to the second part:
Quote:Through the IDE compile, I get the attached error.

If it throws an error then it doesn't compile. If doesn't compile can't be uploaded.

The compile error you are getting is caused by the use of an incorrect ESP8266 boards manager version (you are using 2.4.2). Go to boards manager (arduino IDE) and upgrade it. Latest Pro2Compact software compiles fine with latest ESP8266 boards manager which is 2.7.1.
After selecting as board the LOLIN(WEMOS) R1 R2 & mini, also make sure to select is FLASH SIZE 4MB(FS:1M...
Compile the code and upload the compiled code.
Now upload the data to SPIFFS memory, using ESP8266 Sketch Data upload.

Follow those steps, and I'm sure that within minutes your Pro2 Compact will be working fine.

Rgs.

aha! thank you - I use arduino, but not for anything more than single sketches, so hadn't come across the sketch data upload before, but it makes perfect sense with that quick explanation. It connects to the wifi no problem now of course!

I will be back shortly once I have completely failed to manage to set up the TX unit..

Smile You are welcome.
I just ask to please try to give detailed info about the procedures done. Just reporting the problem doesn't give any hint about what could be the cause.

Be confident, soon your TX will also be working.

Rgs.