This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Pro2 Compact 1.1 won't connect to wifi
Another one from me! The Pro2 compact won't connect to wifi despite the correct network name and password in  the Credentials.h. Anything else I can do to fix this?
(19-06-2020, 13:15)sarahdal Wrote: Another one from me! The Pro2 compact won't connect to wifi despite the correct network name and password in  the Credentials.h. Anything else I can do to fix this?

First thing to check is if the network name and password don't include special chars like "_", "&" or "%" etc.
(19-06-2020, 14:51)Werk_AG Wrote:
(19-06-2020, 13:15)sarahdal Wrote: Another one from me! The Pro2 compact won't connect to wifi despite the correct network name and password in  the Credentials.h. Anything else I can do to fix this?

First thing to check is if the network name and password don't include special chars like "_", "&" or "%" etc.

yes, it's just letters, and the password is all numbers
(19-06-2020, 18:33)sarahdal Wrote: yes, it's just letters, and the password is all numbers

Are the network name and password inside quotes, like below?

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   WiFi Credentials
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
const char* WIFI_SSID     = "StationID";
const char* WIFI_PASSWORD = "1234567890";

Maybe the ESP8266 is having a problem with connection with your router. Check your router encryption mode, WPA2/PSK should work (2.4GHz band)
Enabling debug mode may help.
Alternatively, can you try with another router?
(19-06-2020, 20:11)Werk_AG Wrote:
Code:
/ --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// WiFi Credentials
const char* WIFI_SSID = "StationID";
const char* WIFI_PASSWORD = "1234567890";

Maybe the ESP8266 is having a problem with connection with your router. Check your router encryption mode, WPA2/PSK should work (2.4GHz band)
Enabling debug mode may help.
Alternatively, can you try with another router?

The password and ssid are in quotes, but I'm on "last mile" internet which means it's a connection shared with a couple hundred other people; usually it's not a problem if you don't need your own unique IP but it does mean I have zero access to my router. I'll speak to the guy who runs it - but argh, unless there's a way to run it off an ethernet shield
(19-06-2020, 21:16)sarahdal Wrote: The password and ssid are in quotes, but I'm on "last mile" internet which means it's a connection shared with a couple hundred other people; usually it's not a problem if you don't need your own unique IP but it does mean I have zero access to my router. I'll speak to the guy who runs it - but argh, unless there's a way to run it off an ethernet shield

Does it mean you don't have a local WiFi network (LAN) at your home? There isn't any device which acts as an WiFi access point at home?
If you have a portable computer how do you connect it to Internet using WiFi? I'm just trying to understand what type of LAN you have.
Not having any kind of router at home, is new to me.
(19-06-2020, 22:29)Werk_AG Wrote: Does it mean you don't have a local WiFi network (LAN) at your home? There isn't any device which acts as an WiFi access point at home?
If you have a portable computer how do you connect it to Internet using WiFi? I'm just trying to understand what type of LAN you have.
Not having any kind of router at home, is new to me.

Sorry, I wasn't being clear! I have a router, but I don't have the login details for it. However! I have another wifi router which I can access, so I've set this up as a bridge - but the RX doesn't connect to this one either. Neither does it connect if I set up my mobile as a wifi hotspot, which makes me think I have something wrong with the RX unit?
For your complete peace of mind, I would like to start saying that if we conclude that Your Pro2 Compact receiver is damaged, I will repair it at no cost for you.
However, since all units are tested and programed before sent, and considering that its not easy create a damage on one unit, before send it back to me, I would like to ask you, to do some procedures:

1- On Config_Options.h enable the debug WiFi option, by uncommenting the first line. See below

Code:
//   Debug helper - Print debug messages to serial monitor. For testing purposes ONLY.
//
//   !!! NEVER LEAVE ANY OF THESE DEBUG FUNCTIONS ACTIVE WHEN THE STATION IS CONNECTED BY USB TO ANY WEATHER SOFTWARE !!!
#define PRINT_DEBUG_WIFI

then open the Arduino IDE serial monitor (set it to 19200 baud), compile the code and reprogram the device using the USB connection.
Copy and post here what you get on the Serial monitor

2- Can you please post here a screen copy of your Arduino IDE, after code compilation?
I'm asking for an image like the one below.

I may need more information, but for now the requested info will be enought.
Thank you.

Kind regards
(20-06-2020, 22:11)Werk_AG Wrote: For your complete peace of mind, I would like to start saying that if we conclude that Your Pro2 Compact receiver is damaged, I will repair it at no cost for you.
However, since all units are tested and programed before sent, and considering that its not easy create a damage on one unit, before send it back to me, I would like to ask you, to do some procedures:

1- On Config_Options.h enable the debug WiFi option, by uncommenting the first line. See below
Code:
// Debug helper - Print debug messages to serial monitor. For testing purposes ONLY.
//
// !!! NEVER LEAVE ANY OF THESE DEBUG FUNCTIONS ACTIVE WHEN THE STATION IS CONNECTED BY USB TO ANY WEATHER SOFTWARE !!!
#define PRINT_DEBUG_WIFI

then open the Arduino IDE serial monitor (set it to 19200 baud), compile the code and reprogram the device using the USB connection.
Copy and post here what you get on the Serial monitor

2- Can you please post here a screen copy of your Arduino IDE, after code compilation?

Thank you.

Kind regards

Thank you for taking the time to go through this with me. To clarify, when you say to compile, do you mean by the IDE's own Sketch -> verify/compile, or the ESP8266 Sketch Data upload?
(21-06-2020, 13:15)sarahdal Wrote:
(20-06-2020, 22:11)Werk_AG Wrote: Copy and post here what you get on the Serial monitor

Thank you.

Kind regards

Thank you for taking the time to go through this with me. To clarify, when you say to compile, do you mean by the IDE's own Sketch -> verify/compile, or the ESP8266 Sketch Data upload?

Through the IDE compile, I get the attached error. Nothing comes up on the Serial Monitor after upload with ESP8266 Sketch Data upload.

Attached File(s) Image(s)