Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro Plus RX Date Problems

Hi,  I have just noticed that my Pro Plus Rx with Installed S/w v9.0 b003 is showing the date as 57-01-2021 instead of 26-02-2021. The time is always very accurate. Don't know how long it has been like this but just noticed it.

My Config_Options.h file rules for Auto Summer Times are as follows

TimeChangeRule aEDT = {"AEDT", First, Sun, Oct, 2, 660};    //UTC + 11 hours 
TimeChangeRule aEST = {"AEST", First, Sun, Apr, 3, 600};    //UTC + 10 hours 
Timezone myTZ(aEDT, aEST);

The ntp settings are as follows.

#define TIMESERVER "pool.ntp.org"

Any ideas?

Dave

Hi Dave,

Please check the AVR boards manager version you are using to compile the code. As stated on the download page, for the Pro2 PLUS it shouldn't be greater than 1.6.21.

IMPORTANT:
Always compile using the provided libraries.
Tested with Arduino IDE 1.8.13 using AVR Boards Manager 1.6.21.
Not work reliably with AVR Boards Manager equal or greater than 1.6.22

Additionally there are on the forum some topics about this matter.

King regards
Werk_AG

(26-02-2021, 01:54)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi Dave,

Please check the AVR boards manager version you are using to compile the code. As stated on the download page, for the Pro2 PLUS it shouldn't be greater than 1.6.21.

IMPORTANT:
Always compile using the provided libraries.
Tested with Arduino IDE 1.8.13 using AVR Boards Manager 1.6.21.
Not work reliably with AVR Boards Manager equal or greater than 1.6.22

Additionally there are on the forum some topics about this matter.

King regards
Werk_AG
Hi Werk_AG

That will be the problem I think. I have been playing with LoRa shields for Arduino lately and updated the AVR Boards Manager.

Thanks

Dave

Surely it is. Wink

I have another problem now! I can't get the Arduino Mega to go into the bootloader state to upload the sketch. Have tried with a spare Mega I have and both are the same. The  avrdude program tries 5 times but times out. Do I need to buy another Mega? I have read that some Megas have an improper value capacitor connected to the chip input line which prevents it from entering the correct state.

avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage(): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync(): timeout communicating with programmer

Don't know if I can give much help with this one... I suppose that when you say Arduino Mega you are referring to the Meduino Mega used on the Pro2 PLUS, right?
If yes, and you have removed the diode has recommended, them the Meduino, can only be programmed inserted on the Pro2 PLUS board and with the board powered.

There are many reasons for this error come up, and it doesn't necessarily means that your Mega is damaged.
If possible try with another computer

Rgs.
Werk_AG

(09-03-2021, 23:14)Werk_AG Wrote:  Don't know if I can give much help with this one... I suppose that when you say Arduino Mega you are referring to the Meduino Mega used on the Pro2 PLUS, right?
If yes, and you have removed the diode has recommended, them the Meduino, can only be programmed inserted on the Pro2 PLUS board and with the board powered.

There are many reasons for this error come up, and it doesn't necessarily means that your Mega is damaged.

Rgs.
Werk_AG

Yes Meduino Mega, diode is removed and trying to program while plugged in the the Rx board. Will try another computer and see if I can get it to upload. Did not have this problem when I first programmed the RX Plus but I see a few posts on the Arduino forum about timing issues and about the Meduino version. Thanks for your reply.

Dave

(10-03-2021, 02:51)moolight0551 Wrote:  
(09-03-2021, 23:14)Werk_AG Wrote:  Don't know if I can give much help with this one... I suppose that when you say Arduino Mega you are referring to the Meduino Mega used on the Pro2 PLUS, right?

Rgs.
Werk_AG

Yes Meduino Mega, diode is removed and trying to program while plugged in the the Rx board. Will try another computer and see if I can get it to upload. Did not have this problem when I first programmed the RX Plus but I see a few posts on the Arduino forum about timing issues and about the Meduino version. Thanks for your reply.

Dave
I will reply to this issue just in case it helps someone else with the timeout problem. I never really solved it but bought two new Meduino Megas from China and used one and it compiled and accepted the software with no problems. Now my date problem is fixed and its no longer the 117th January 2021 on my RX Plus. Smile  I tried different computers with the Arduino IDE previously but could never get the original Meduino Mega, or a spare I bought at the same time, to enter programming mode. One of those mysteries and not worth losing sleep worrying about why. Thanks Werk_AG for your support. Cheers  Dave

(27-04-2021, 06:21)moolight0551 Wrote:  ...

I tried different computers with the Arduino IDE previously but could never get the original Meduino Mega, or a spare I bought at the same time, to enter programming mode. One of those mysteries and not worth losing sleep worrying about why.

Hi Dave,

Have you contacted the seller of the Meduino Boards?
If it happened with two boards of the same batch, maybe they had a problem. Seems the bootloader isn't installed.
You could also try burn a bootloader on them from Arduino IDE.

I'm glad to know that your system is now running OK.

Rgs.

Hi,
I'm having the same issue with date, but it appears to be that the 1.6.21 version won't work on 64bit systems.
I had to use 1.8.6, otherwise I received this error "Arduino15/packages/arduino/tools/avr-gcc/4.9.2-atmel3.5.4-arduino2/bin/avr-g++: bad CPU type in executable"

Is there any other workaround, or something that can be updated to allow an AVR version greater than 1.6.21 ?

Cheers,
Michael