Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

New WeatherDuino installation in Italy

Hello to everyone,
 I have finally finished building my weather station. Everything works perfectly but I still don't understand why the receiver shows a red dot in the center. The three dots should all be green as they receive from the three TWR sensors and the software is updated to the latest version, correct? I am sending you some photos of the new weather station. The address is: www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFRIULIV68/graph/2020-11-2/2020-11-2/daily
Any improvements or ideas are welcome. Thank you.

EDITED: New resized pictures some posts bellow.

May want to resize those photos. And try to get out of the habit of shooting photos/video in portrait mode. It's hell when it comes to iDevices on Windows and videos uploaded media providers so it best just to avoid doing so.

(02-11-2020, 18:41)bombenm Wrote:  ...
The three dots should all be green as they receive from the three TWR sensors and the software is updated to the latest version, correct?

Hello Dave,

Here are the mean of the three dots on the left corner

Top dot - NTP connection
Middle dot - Wunderground upload
Bottom dot - Software Version Check

Green when last attempt was OK, red when last attempt failed.
Is the middle dot always Red or just sometimes?

Indeed the posted pictures are hard to visualize. Maybe you can resize them (the best is 700px for the wider side).

Congratulations for having finished the installation. Most of the data at Wunderground seems OK, however the Solar Rad and UV values seem quite low, but maybe it was just a not so sunny day there. Anyway, keep in mind that the Solar / UV always require some calibration. If you need any help on this, please create a new topic.

Regards
Werk_AG

(02-11-2020, 18:41)bombenm Wrote:  Hello to everyone,
 I have finally finished building my weather station. Everything works perfectly but I still don't understand why the receiver shows a red dot in the center. The three dots should all be green as they receive from the three TWR sensors and the software is updated to the latest version, correct? I am sending you some photos of the new weather station. The address is: www.wunderground.com/dashboard/pws/IFRIULIV68/graph/2020-11-2/2020-11-2/daily
Hello to everyone,

I resized the pictures as per your racomandation.  Now should be better

Attached Files Image(s)

(03-11-2020, 01:33)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(02-11-2020, 18:41)bombenm Wrote:  ...
The three dots should all be green as they receive from the three TWR sensors and the software is updated to the latest version, correct?

Hello Dave,

Here are the mean of the three dots on the left corner

Top dot - NTP connection
Middle dot - Wunderground upload
Bottom dot - Software Version Check

Green when last attempt was OK, red when last attempt failed.
Is the middle dot always Red or just sometimes?

Indeed the posted pictures are hard to visualize. Maybe you can resize them (the best is 700px for the wider side).

Congratulations for having finished the installation. Most of the data at Wunderground seems OK, however the Solar Rad and UV values seem quite low, but maybe it was just a not so sunny day there. Anyway, keep in mind that the Solar / UV always require some calibration. If you need any help on this, please create a new topic.

Regards
Werk_AG

Hi,

The middle dot is always red, and the Wunderground is working as you saw.
The Solar Rad and UV values are quite low because are some days that, in the my area, is cloud and foggy
About the Solar / UV which always require some calibration, I will open a new topic just to explain what I did.

Thank you

Nice! Congratulations.
Music

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

That's a very professional job! Well done!

(02-11-2020, 18:41)bombenm Wrote:  Hello to everyone,

EDITED: New resized pictures some posts bellow.

Hi, i have same issue   cheers

(03-11-2020, 16:04)bombenm Wrote:  The middle dot is always red, and the Wunderground is working as you saw.

Since the the WU upload is working don't worry too much with the middle dot keeping red, sometimes WU server don't reply fast enough, and WeatherDuino don't wait to much time for that answer.

(08-12-2020, 23:22)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(03-11-2020, 16:04)bombenm Wrote:  The middle dot is always red, and the Wunderground is working as you saw.

Since the the WU upload is working don't worry too much with the middle dot keeping red, sometimes WU server don't reply fast enough, and WeatherDuino don't wait to much time for that answer.

But to me isn’t working since the red dot is on , and everything was ok cause I didn’t changed anything in the code or in my router . I still WU not online , and plus about API key I was using that one provided on WU. Now I changed to the new one  just get the 12h forecast despite to the 5days forecast .. so how did u fixed WU ?