This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Inspeed wind speed sensor (Reed switch) code
As I’m at home at lot now I can spend some time improving my setup, I recently purchased an Inspeed pair for wind speed and direction, the speed sensor is the reed switch model, so I specify according to this, Use 22 for Inspeed Vortex, read switch sensor.
#define WINDSPEED_SENSORTYPE 22
But I get a compilation error, 'FORM_FACTOR' was not declared in this scope
It looks to me like I need to add the following code

#if (WINDSPEED_SENSORTYPE == 22)   // Inspeed Vortex Reed Sensor : Speed Pulse/sec 2.5 mph = 1.1176 m/s
    #define ClickPerRev  1
    #define FORM_FACTOR  1.1176
  #endif
If I do it compiles ok, but want to be sure the calibration is the same for the reed switch version as the Hall sensor version.

I’m using WeatherDuino_Pro2_Universal_TX_v7.0_b002

Thanks Andy
Hi Andy,

Indeed, the definitions for anemometer type 22 are missing. Your changes are correct and will be added on next software releases.
As much as I know the Inspeed anemometer with a read switch have the same characteristics of the model equipped with an hall sensor, so using the same definitions is correct.
Thank you.

Werk_AG