Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Comms Problems

Just to note that I had a similar problem with mine Greg.
The FS1000a only seemed to work when I put a finger on the solder side of the bottom coil.
I ended up replacing the FS1000A and it's worked since.

Hi everybody.

(08-10-2015, 00:05)Denis Bill Wrote:  My fs1000a transmitter boards did not have XD_FST on the side but had 2008-B and I could not get a connection between the TX and RX units. I had 2 FS1000A boards with the same marking and neither would work.
I ended up using the unused transmitter boards that came with the Receiver units after rewiring the connection and all has worked fine since.

I have exactly the same experience, I knocked two pieces FS1000A labeled 2008-B, they simply have not worked. (But I thought that I destroyed them because I'm a bad engineer!)

Regards

Best Regards
Zdenek

[Image: banner.php]
My outdoor AQM-I: here

(08-10-2015, 07:03)hornychz Wrote:  Hi everybody.

(08-10-2015, 00:05)Denis Bill Wrote:  My fs1000a transmitter boards did not have XD_FST on the side but had 2008-B and I could not get a connection between the TX and RX units. I had 2 FS1000A boards with the same marking and neither would work.
I ended up using the unused transmitter boards that came with the Receiver units after rewiring the connection and all has worked fine since.

I have exactly the same experience, I knocked two pieces FS1000A labeled 2008-B, they simply have not worked. (But I thought that I destroyed them because I'm a bad engineer!)

Regards

Thanks everybody for your feedback.

I have checked the two FS1000A boards that I have and both of them have 2008-8 on them, as per the picture below.

Denis, were you talking about using the KXD10036 Tx units that came with the RX units? If so, what was the rewiring that you needed to do?

I have just found a local(NZ) supplier of the Tx and Rx kits with the XD-FST Tx boards, so have ordered a couple. They should be here early next week.

(08-10-2015, 08:44)GreggWardNZ Wrote:  Thanks everybody for your feedback.

I have checked the two FS1000A boards that I have and both of them have 2008-8 on them, as per the picture below.

To be honest I wasn't aware of these problematic models of the FS1000A transmitter. I have some, but all of them are labelled XD-FST.
Considering all those reports, I think I should include a note in the TX v2.50 parts list, referring that should only be used the FS1000A module, with the ref. XD-FST

(08-10-2015, 08:44)GreggWardNZ Wrote:  Denis, were you talking about using the KXD10036 Tx units that came with the RX units? If so, what was the rewiring that you needed to do?

I think Denis is talking about those little TX modules, and yes, you can use them with your TX v2.50 safely (TX v3.xx board are using them). They don't fit directly on the TX v2.50 board, but you can use very short wires and connect the corresponding pins.
If you look to the module with the big RF transistor facing you, the pinout starting from left, is: Antenna pin, GND pin, Dat pin, Vcc pin

Thank you for the picture. May I suggest you to solder the antenna wire? Left it this way can cause a short between antenna output and GND (all around the hole for antenna is GND).

Hello All,

Sorry I have not replied earler.
Gregg the rewiring as mentioned Werk_AG is what I have had to do to get it to work.

Regards,
Denis

(09-10-2015, 10:28)Denis Bill Wrote:  Hello All,

Sorry I have not replied earler.
Gregg the rewiring as mentioned Werk_AG is what I have had to do to get it to work.

Regards,
Denis

Thanks Denis.

(09-10-2015, 06:19)Werk_AG Wrote:  I think Denis is talking about those little TX modules, and yes, you can use them with your TX v2.50 safely (TX v3.xx board are using them). They don't fit directly on the TX v2.50 board, but you can use very short wires and connect the corresponding pins.
If you look to the module with the big RF transistor facing you, the pinout starting from left, is: Antenna pin, GND pin, Dat pin, Vcc pin

Thank you for the picture. May I suggest you to solder the antenna wire? Left it this way can cause a short between antenna output and GND (all around the hole for antenna is GND).

Thanks Werk_AG. I will try the new FS1000A modules, first.

I had soldered the wire to the antenna output, but only on the back of the board. Should I quite heavily solder the wire to the antenna output, on both sides of the board, to protect against the shorting?

I finally got a chance to replace the FS1000A modules on my Tx board today with the XD-FST versions that I just received. Unfortunately after just 5 - 10mins the Tx LED on the Rx board stopped flashing every 5 - 10 seconds and would only flash every minute or so.

I checked the soldering and did continuity tests on the pins of the FS1000A module before re-installing outside and all looked good. The Tx unit is still flashing the Tx LED every 5 seconds or so, so it looks like the Tx unit is working as it should.

I am now wondering whether I should replace the Rx module on the Rx unit and see if that makes a difference.

A guy at work suggested I also try a radio on the AM band, off station, to see if I can hear if the Tx unit is actually transmitting when it shows it is. I'll let you know how I get on with both this exercise and the replacement of the Rx module.

Another thing I have just noticed when I removed the power from the Rx unit, although it is still being powered by the PC USB cable, is that the TX LED has started flashing every 5 seconds again. Is there anything that would cause it to stop receiving the data correctly when it is being powered by the 12V power supply?

(17-10-2015, 02:29)GreggWardNZ Wrote:  Another thing I have just noticed when I removed the power from the Rx unit, although it is still being powered by the PC USB cable, is that the TX LED has started flashing every 5 seconds again. Is there anything that would cause it to stop receiving the data correctly when it is being powered by the 12V power supply?

When you have it powered only by USB, it seems working normally?
It receives data from the TX unit?
If yes, maybe the problem is only the 12V power adapter. If possible try with another one.

Just for testing keep it working during some time powered only by USB.

(17-10-2015, 03:07)Werk_AG Wrote:  
(17-10-2015, 02:29)GreggWardNZ Wrote:  Another thing I have just noticed when I removed the power from the Rx unit, although it is still being powered by the PC USB cable, is that the TX LED has started flashing every 5 seconds again. Is there anything that would cause it to stop receiving the data correctly when it is being powered by the 12V power supply?

When you have it powered only by USB, it seems working normally?
It receives data from the TX unit?
If yes, maybe the problem is only the 12V power adapter. If possible try with another one.

Just for testing keep it working during some time powered only by USB.

Will do, I'll let you know how things go.