Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

At last getting parts together

Well, I am finally getting all the parts together. Probably take about a month to arrive from China to NZ. My old Vantage pro seems to be on the way out, electronics problems, but I will be able to use the wind and rain units. So here goes. ?
Cheers 
Philip
Picton, New Zealand.

Sweet! Another WeatherDuino but now in the lovely town of Picton. My friends family have a holiday home in Resolution Bay and visiting there was a highlight of my younger years.

Cool, we moved to Picton just over three years ago from Christchurch. (Sick of earthquakes)
It's a great place.
My existing weather site is,
www.pictonweather.nz.

(26-12-2018, 09:33)philipgm Wrote:  ...
My existing weather site is,
www.pictonweather.nz.

Nice weather site. I'm using the Saratoga templates too Smile

Sweet, another Kiwi station! Gidday from Welly Smile  Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Cheers
Colin

41south.net.nz powered by WeatherDuino and Weewx

(27-12-2018, 00:48)I41south Wrote:  Sweet, another Kiwi station! Gidday from Welly Smile  Let me know if you need a hand with anything.

Cheers
Colin

Thanks Colin,
I will likely be in touch.
Cheers 
Philip

I hope you're going to do an update when you parts arrive from China and you set everything up, Philip! I'd love to see what you come up with.

(17-01-2019, 18:27)Piccirillo Wrote:  I hope you're going to do an update when you parts arrive from China and you set everything up, Philip! I'd love to see what you come up with.

Hi,
I have just completed the boards. And so far (after a bit of a hitch - I killed the 5 volt chip ☹️) the weatherduino station is working. ?? 
Inside and outside temperature and humidity, wind and rain all working. 
I have it working but just monitoring everything at the moment.
I had temperature and humidity working yesterday and I connected wind and rain just three hours ago.
I will list all the sensors in use soon.
So all good.
I am very happy.

At last. Today I put my WeatherDuino weather station on line.
One tx unit is looking after the normal weather sensors.
The 2nd tx unit. I have made the D10 data port on the Arduino nano available and I have connected two OneWire temperature units to D10.
One is a soil temperature, and the other is covered in "black goo" and pointing at the sky to measure the amount of cloud cover at night. It works very well!
The OneWire temperatures show up on the 'Soil/leaf' page on the RX unit.
So every thing is working very well.
Thanks Werk_AG and others on a very good unit. I am very pleased.
Cheers from Picton, New Zealand

http://www.pictonweather.nz

I have everything working now.
Here is what I have going:-

I am using the 'Pro2 Compact RX Board' and that is receiving data from two TX Boards.
ThePro2 is connected to Cumulus. I have tested it with Weatherdisplay and that works fine as well.

TX Board 1  is un-modified and connected to this:-
TX_SENSOR0 - HTU21. The main temperature and humidity.
TH_SENSOR1 - DHT22. Backup temperature and humidity.

Davis Anemometer
Davis Wind vane
Davis Rain gauge

TX Board 2  I have made a small modification to this board. The Arduino has a few digital ports that are not being used by Weatherduino. So I have made a connection to D10, D11 and D12. So far I am only using D10.
Connected to TX Board are:-
UV-sensor - UVM-30A - connected to port A1
Lux (solar sensor) - TSL 2591 - connected to I2C connector.
3 x Onewire temperature sensors. These use port D10.
The three sensors are:- Soil, extra temperature, and a temperature sensor pointed up and covered in black silicone which is used to estimate cloud cover at night.

For TX Board 2, I have added about eight lines of extra programming, plus an extra file called 'Routines_pgm' for the extra routines that I needed.

So all going well.
I will add a few photos soon.
Cheers 
Philip   Big Grin