Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Arduino Nano USB Driver

Just a heads up regarding the Arduino Nano USB Driver.

After using a Nano on a Windows 8 system where it was plug and play, I moved my weather station over to a Windows 2008 64Bit server and had problems getting it to communicate "out of the box".

The problem was that the Arduino software seem to be only supplied with FTDI chipset drivers, not the CH340 chipset drivers which are needed by these Chinese supplied Nano's.

The offending driver is attached for others convenience.

Attached Files
.zip CH341SER.zip Size: 178,97 KB  Downloads: 867

Hi, uncle_bob

Where have you found this CH340 "offending driver" ? Never heard of him.

In all the Arduinos Nano that I know, even the chinese ones, the USB port is done by a FTDI chip (FT232RL).

It came with my Nanos off ebay. I guess this Chinese company has done the right thing this time by not using counterfeit FTDI chips. (Or at least renaming them and recreating a driver Smile )

Here's where I got mine http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/NEW-Micro-con...1287851903

Tanks for this new info!!!

I have bought more than 50 Arduino Nano on eBay from several vendors (including this seller) and is the first time I see this "new" chip.

Humm... counterfeit FTDI chips? Are you sure? Smile

This new chip is smaller and has much less pins.

(17-08-2014, 03:51)Werk_AG Wrote:  Humm... counterfeit FTDI chips? Are you sure? Smile

The lawyer within said No Smile

How was the installation of these "new" Arduinos Nano in Windows? You had to indicate the provided driver or windows automatically detected and download the driver?

(17-08-2014, 04:03)Werk_AG Wrote:  How was the installation of these "new" Arduinos Nano in Windows? You had to indicate the provided driver or windows automatically detected and download the driver?

In windows 8, they seemed to download automatically as no user intervention was required.

In Windows 2008 it's was asking for a driver location, but I cancelled it and installed using the .exe. Then when I plugged the Nano back in it was detected correctly.

I gave a quick glance to CH341 datasheet. Sounds interesting.
Could you please confirm me, if your arduino nano has 3.3V on the corresponding pin. Need not be now...
The 3.3 V in the "old" Arduino Nano were obtained from the FTDI chip, and the current that could be taken off this pin, was very limited. Does it improved now? I have not found yet anything about it in the datasheet.

Hi
I just wanted to say:
You saved my day!
The exe worked as a charm!
Proud to be Portuguese!
Cheers Wink
Rui

Saw this and it would appear that the Nano is an FTDI chip. http://hardware.slashdot.org/story/14/10...tors-chips

It looks like you have to be careful with what drivers you use as it would appear their latest ones "brick" counterfeit chips. Then the question is which are counterfeit and which are not Sad !!