This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Air Quality Monitor - How to upload data to ThingSpeak.
Through the use of the ThingSpeak service you can easily have graphics of the WeatherDuino Air Quality Monitor data. They can be private or shared with everybody.

Making it work is very simple.

- If you don't already have an account at ThinkSpeak, get one.
- Create a channel.
- In the created channel, create 4 fields for data.
- Field 1 will be for PM2.5 data, field 2 for PM10 data, field 3 for AQ Index, field 4 for the CO2 data.
- In the user configurable settings of the WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS software, enable the upload to ThingSpeak, and put there your WRITE key (suplied by ThingSpeak).
- And that's all. Your WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS will start to send to ThingSpeak the Air Quality Monitor data, every 10 minutes.
- Go to your ThingSpeak account and configure how the graphs are plotted.

Here is an example of a ThingSpeak public channel, with the graphics of an Air Quality Monitor installed at my location:

https://thingspeak.com/channels/317451
MeteoCercal - Air Quality Data
Click here to watch at my ThingSpeak channel

(26-08-2017, 03:53)Werk_AG Wrote: - And that's all. Your WeatherDuino Pro2 PLUS will start to send to ThingSpeak the Air Quality Monitor data, every 10 minutes.

Hello everyone,

I would be content if the future purchasers of a AQI communicates channel ID to me.
I wish to make a map of pollution.

Thank you and good weekend
Do the fields get named automatically by the API feed? I'm getting nothing showing in TS.
https://thingspeak.com/channels/333695
(20-09-2017, 05:18)uncle_bob Wrote: Do the fields get named automatically by the API feed? I'm getting nothing showing in TS.
https://thingspeak.com/channels/333695

Hi uncle_bob, the fields are setup manually in Thingspeak similar to the examples below:

[Image: channelsetting.JPG]Setup all the channel fields and enable them here.

[Image: edit.JPG]Finer details of each field can be edited in each panel.

[Image: field.JPG] Setting up the graph axis, format and time scales.

This should set everything up to receive the data from your Rx unit once you have inserted the API key generated by your channel.

Hope this helps  Smile
Thanks mate. Checking it out now. Will report back shortly.
Ok I've filled in all the fields but I'm not seeing any thing yet.
Hi qldbureau,

I think the "results" for 2 days data should be 288 instead of 480.
You feed 6 results per hour (one each 10 minutes)
6 x 24 x 2 = 288

(20-09-2017, 12:45)uncle_bob Wrote: Ok I've filled in all the fields but I'm not seeing any thing yet.

Hi uncle_bob
Check if the upload to ThingSpeak is enabled in user configurable settings.

(20-09-2017, 17:08)Werk_AG Wrote: Hi qldbureau,

I think the "results" for 2 days data should be 288 instead of 480.
You feed 6 results per hour (one each 10 minutes)
6 x 24 x 2 = 288

Thanks for spotting that Werk. I corrected the private view but somehow missed here.
(20-09-2017, 17:10)Werk_AG Wrote:
(20-09-2017, 12:45)uncle_bob Wrote: Ok I've filled in all the fields but I'm not seeing any thing yet.

Hi uncle_bob
Check if the upload to ThingSpeak is enabled in user configurable settings.

Hi Werk, yes it is enabled.
WU isn't though (if that has some bearing).