Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Suppliers hardware
#2

Hello,

I have attached my list - it should be relatively exhaustive, with maybe a few more items I needed. Does not include the enclosures and some small accessories however (like the LCD, ..) which I purchased elsewhere.

I got most of the parts from Elements14 which is available in most countries. Moreover they often offer free shipping (1 day!) with a relatively small minimum order. Mouser is also a good supplier, worth looking at, so as Digikey.
I use all of them for all my projects, they cover most of the needs even complex ones. Ebay is OK too, but I personally dislike the shipping timing which are often very long (despite the fact i live close the China). Also if you do not mind paying a little bit more, the above list of supplier is much more reliable.

I understand it might be a bit troublesome for the newbie to shop on those website for the fist time, but it's rather easy: just key in the component and value you are looking at or the IC reference for example. The results can be a huge list but there are multiple filters to reduce and find the one. Remember there's never only one "good" reference when it comes to components, connectors, etc... I advise you to look at the data sheet if you're unsure, or the drawings that indicate the dimensions for connectors, enclosure, and so on. Then look at the price as there could be significant differences even for the most basic components when it comes to precision for instance, or branding.

Happy shopping Smile


Attached Files
.xlsx WD Pro2 parts list - Elements14.xlsx Size: 48,01 KB  Downloads: 342
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Suppliers hardware - by tobyportugal - 01-03-2016, 22:48
RE: Suppliers hardware - by zitoune - 02-03-2016, 12:39
RE: Suppliers hardware - by tobyportugal - 02-03-2016, 19:22



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)