Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

WeatherDuino Pro TX unit: TXLED and FANLED

Hello!
I'm starting to put together the TX unit for my Pro2 Compact I just got a hold of.
So far everything's fine. I've managed to pull some components on the board what I already have, and ordering the rest of the components soon, but TXLED and FANLED is giving me a bit of a headache.

With a 10k resistor at R1 for TXLED and a 1k resistor at R10 for FANLED, what colour are the LEDs by default if one would just install the resistors as per v3.13 parts list?

Also, to get the colour I wish for the LEDs in question and to calculate the correct resistors for them, do correct me if I'm wrong if I'm assuming FANLED's resistor is rated for 9 Volts, because the fan itself is running with that voltage. What I'm missing is TXLED's resistor voltage. What might that be?

Hi J.Jantti

Quote:With a 10k resistor at R1 for TXLED and a 1k resistor at R10 for FANLED, what colour are the LEDs by default if one would just install the resistors as per v3.13 parts list?

TX board v3.13

TXLED is R2 - 1K: Voltage is 5V
FANLED is R10 - 1K: Voltage is 9V - The value is good for most Blue Leds, however if you want RED or GREEN Leds, the value of R10 must be greater. As you said voltage is 9V, so you can can calculate R10 in according to the type of LED you want to use.

Hope soon you have your new Weather Station up an running.
Regards.
Werk_AG

(02-10-2020, 16:26)Werk_AG Wrote:  TXLED is R2 - 1K: Voltage is 5V
FANLED is R10 - 1K: Voltage is 9V - The value is good for most Blue Leds, however if you want RED or GREEN Leds, the value of R10 must be greater. As you said voltage is 9V, so you can can calculate R10 in according to the type of LED you want to use.

Hope soon you have your new Weather Station up an running.
Regards.
Werk_AG

Hi Werk_AG,

Thanks for the clarification and correction.
If TXLED's resistor is R2, then there's an error in the parts list for the TX Board v3.13. In that list, the TXLED resistor is stated being R1, instead of R2.

I just placed the order for the components I'm missing. It's going to take a while for the all the components to arrive, but I'm assuming it happens somewhere around the beginning of November. The biggest hurdle will be getting the wind sensor working with the TX board and getting it to report the correct speed and direction.

Hello J.Jantti,

Quote:If TXLED's resistor is R2, then there's an error in the parts list for the TX Board v3.13. In that list, the TXLED resistor is stated being R1, instead of R2.

You are right. Thank you.

Its already fixed.
Quote:TXLED - 3mm Led ( R2 value according to color and LED type)