Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Cannot download 4Pro wireless display software

I turned my attention to the 4Pro WD while waiting for part but also no luck... Big Grin

I cannot download the 4Pro wireless display software...
Other software no problem!

Please click HERE for screenshot

Hi,

Downloads are working normally.
Tested right now with 2 different computers at two different locations.
Please try delete the partially downloaded files and try again.

Thanks for your reply!

I tried it on 2 linux pc's
There are no partial downloaded files.

Tomorrow I will try on my windows pc and a mac.

Confused sorry for my question, I have a (great!) Rpi 'Pi-hole' internet filter which blocked download of this particular file.

Humm, perhaps I have a clue... Just to confirm, please also try to download the software for the Pro2 Compact.
If it also fails for you, then for sure your firewall is blocking the download. Both archives include a JAR file, so this can be the cause.

(09-05-2019, 18:44)Werk_AG Wrote:  Humm, perhaps I have a clue... Just to confirm, please also try to download the software for the Pro2 Compact.
If it also fails for you, then for sure your firewall is blocking the download. Both archives include a JAR file, so this can be the cause.

YES you are right!  with Pi-Hole filter ON the download fails.  I'm wondering why because it's a DNS filter, no anti virus/file scanning filter?  That's why I didn't think of the Pi-Hole filter in the first place. 
At least I know the solution now...

BTW: The WD is also a beautiful piece of equipment, I'm very impressed, great work...