Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Pro2 PLUS software released!

I downloaded it fine earlier today

Hi,

AFAIK, there is a section of the forum (for example containing the circuit diagrams) which is reserved for those who have purchased the PCBs. I don't know if the "Plus" software is included there accidentally or on purpose.

Cheers, Alan.

Okay, I understand. I felt that this is the case... Sad

(02-01-2017, 12:47)AllyCat Wrote:  Hi,

AFAIK, there is a section of the forum (for example containing the circuit diagrams) which is reserved for those who have purchased the PCBs.  I don't know if the "Plus" software is included there accidentally or on purpose.

Cheers,  Alan.

(02-01-2017, 12:59)geri12 Wrote:  Okay, I understand. I felt that this is the case... Sad

Indeed, after the recent initial release and still during some time, the Pro2 PLUS software will be available only to users that are already using the WeatherDuino Pro2 system, or users that are now starting to build it using our boards.

(02-01-2017, 17:47)Werk_AG Wrote:  Indeed, after the recent initial release and still during some time, the Pro2 PLUS software will be available only to users that are already using the WeatherDuino Pro2 system, or users that are now starting to build it using our boards.

If I buy PCB, it will be available in the arduino software? I use own hardware, I'm interested only the software.

Hi geri12

I'm a big adept of the open source code, and the Pro2 Plus software, as all my other software, is also open source. It will be published to all at the right time. For now, I'm just giving some advantage to the people that by buying the boards are helping with the development of the system.
By reading your posts, I think you are developing a system similar to the WeatherDuino Pro2, but with a different radio system. Congratulations for that. Many people have already done several modifications of the WeatherDuino Pro2 system to better suite their needs. The availability of the source code is one of strong points of the WeatherDuino Pro2 system.
Do you have the intention to ever publish the source code of your project?

(02-01-2017, 20:11)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi geri12

I'm a big adept of the open source code, and the Pro2 Plus software, as all my other software, is also open source. It will be published to all at the right time. For now, I'm just giving some advantage to the people that by buying the boards are helping with the development of the system.
By reading your posts, I think you are developing a system similar to the WeatherDuino Pro2, but with a different radio system. Congratulations for that. Many people have already done several modifications of the WeatherDuino Pro2 system to better suite their needs. The availability of the source code is one of strong points of the WeatherDuino Pro2 system.
Do you have the intention to ever publish the source code of your project?

Yes, if the my project is completed, it is open source. Previously it gave me the idea of the WeatherDuino Pro2. (Thanks) My version is secondary station (soil temperatures, soil moisture, leaf wetness, UV, solar, rain gauge heating control). I use SD card data logger, do not data flash. And yes... RF24L01 TX-RX (since yesterday - TEST OK). I use ethernet module is rx side. (web interface + sd data logger file download) Slightly different the my Software..., and not final. Smile

Looks to be an interesting project Cool. Congratulations.
Please take a look at your inbox, I sent you a Private Message.

I'm a newbi at this, but after loading only the libraries that came with release 1.0 of the pro plus RX software, I get a bunch of warnings, which are mostly redefined variables.

Chris.

Code:
C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\WeatherDuino_Pro2_v2.0_20170113\WeatherDuino_Pro2\v2.0\software\RX software\WeatherDuino_Pro2_RX_v2.0_b019\Data_Log.ino: In function 'void ArchiveToFlash(unsigned int, unsigned int)':

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\WeatherDuino_Pro2_v2.0_20170113\WeatherDuino_Pro2\v2.0\software\RX software\WeatherDuino_Pro2_RX_v2.0_b019\Data_Log.ino:29:33: warning: narrowing conversion of '(Unit[0].TX_Units::Wind_dir / 225u)' from 'uint16_t {aka unsigned int}' to 'byte {aka unsigned char}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

Unit[WIND_OutUnit].Wind_dir / 225,

^

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\WeatherDuino_Pro2_v2.0_20170113\WeatherDuino_Pro2\v2.0\software\RX software\WeatherDuino_Pro2_RX_v2.0_b019\Data_Log.ino:30:33: warning: narrowing conversion of '(Unit[0].TX_Units::Wind_dir / 225u)' from 'uint16_t {aka unsigned int}' to 'byte {aka unsigned char}' inside { } [-Wnarrowing]

Unit[WIND_OutUnit].Wind_dir / 225,

^

In file included from C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DataFlash\DataFlash.cpp:66:0:

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DataFlash\DataFlashCommands.h:124:0: warning: "DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0" redefined

#define DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0 0x2A

^

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DataFlash\DataFlashCommands.h:123:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0 0x3D

^

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DataFlash\DataFlashCommands.h:125:0: warning: "DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0" redefined

#define DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0 0x7F

^

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DataFlash\DataFlashCommands.h:124:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0 0x2A

^

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DataFlash\DataFlashCommands.h:126:0: warning: "DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0" redefined

#define DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0 0xCF

^

C:\Users\chris\Documents\Arduino\libraries\DataFlash\DataFlashCommands.h:125:0: note: this is the location of the previous definition

#define DATAFLASH_ERASE_SECTOR_PROTECTION_REGISTER_0 0x7F

^

Hi, welcome

I bet you are using Arduino IDE 1.8.1...  Smile   However don't worry to much with those warnings. The software will compile and work without any problem.
Just to give peace of mind to everybody, those warnings (almost all) will not appear on the upcoming v2.xx software version.