21-06-2015, 20:19
Just a thought... could you try get some readings with something covering the UV sensor, a very thin glass or a transparent CD cover. I think it will not be possible to use the sensor without any cover on it.
A rapid test with your formula, with the UV sensor covered as said on previous topic, I get too low values. To get values compared to my other two sensors I need to keep the original formula.
At least the immediate conclusion is that a thin film (0,2 mm or less) of epoxy resin, is absorbing the same than a 1 mm of acrylic plastic (which is almost transparent to UV).
Now is almost night, next weekend I will continue with the tests.
-----------------------
Edited to add images of one of the new test units.
A rapid test with your formula, with the UV sensor covered as said on previous topic, I get too low values. To get values compared to my other two sensors I need to keep the original formula.
At least the immediate conclusion is that a thin film (0,2 mm or less) of epoxy resin, is absorbing the same than a 1 mm of acrylic plastic (which is almost transparent to UV).
Now is almost night, next weekend I will continue with the tests.
-----------------------
Edited to add images of one of the new test units.

