Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

Erroneous Temps on Graph

Looks like I may have an issue to investigate..???

Have been testing a new weather station which has just been built over the past couple of weeks and will eventually be heading to a mate in Sydney for installation on his house.  With the new 433Mhz modules now installed, the RF link looks solid.  Currently have the 3.12 TX in the storeroom with a DHT22 attached to feed in some data.  The Pro2+ RX station is sitting in the Kitchen, about 10m away.

The main screen looks good and getting constant temp readings and no issues and no "---" readings.  I'm getting about 84% efficiency on the RF link.  All debug code is turned off and/or rem'ed out at the moment.

When I hit the double-press on the button and change to the graphs, and then swipe over to the temp graph, I am seeing the above readings.  Interesting observation is that the erroneous peaks seem to be just about a perfect multiple of 10, to the current actual readings..???

I'll start looking at the issue tonight.   Any one got any thoughts out there that may assist..???  

Mark R

(08-02-2017, 02:47)Wizza Wrote:  Interesting observation is that the erroneous peaks seem to be just about a perfect multiple of 10, to the current actual readings..???

I'll start looking at the issue tonight.   Any one got any thoughts out there that may assist..???  

Hi Mark,

With those symptoms (readings multiple of 10) this issue can be a bug related to the use of the DHT22, as its use as an outside sensor is being abandoned, I haven't fully tested it with the latest TX software release.
I will investigate it as soon as possible.
Just to help me:
- What TX software version are you using?
- The erroneous Temperature values are just on the graphs? I think not.
- Is the Humidity value also shown as multiple of 10?

However looking for that strange range of values, have you configured your TX unit to use a DHT22 sensor?

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   Define type of Temperature / Humidity sensor used as Sensor 0 and / or Sensor 1
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#define TH_Sensor0  9      // [SENSOR 0] - 0 for SHT2x sensor, 1 for SHT31 sensor, 2 for HTU21 sensor, 9 for Not Used
#define TH_Sensor1  1      // [SENSOR 1] - 0 for SHT1x sensor, 1 for DHT22 sensor, 9 for Not Used

and also in your Pro2 PLUS

Code:
//   Define the type of your outside Temperature / Humidity Sensor
#define MainOutTH_Sensor 1   // 0 for sensor type SHT31, SHT21 or HTU21D, 1 for sensor type SHT1x or DHT22

Thanks

Hello Werk,

I have confirmed that the TX is set to DHT22 sensor. Note that this is "testing" only and the sensor is brand new and locate inside. It's not located out in the weather. The version of the TX code is 2.0-b015 13/1/17.

I'm just back in from lunch, and walked past the receiver just before and noticed something interesting, and probably not surprising. I noticed that the outside temp on the home screen was showing as 305 degrees, and then just a few seconds later the screen refreshed and it showed as 30.5 degrees.

Humidity readings in the graph look normal and are not having spikes or erroneous readings. Normal and not multiplied by 10 or any other value.

Just noted, in case it means anything, the TX and RX address is currently 0xA2, as I was testing and my home station is addressed on 0xA1.

The receiver station is one of the new Pro2+ boards and is running code version 1.0 b016 11/1/17. Just confirmed that it is set for Main Outside TH sensor as "1" for the DHT22.

I think I've got a version 1.0 download dated 20170130 in my WeatherDuino download folder. I might start with reprogramming fresh code into the TX and RX tonight, and see what transpires from there.

Will let you know how I get on. Cheers for now...

Mark R

Update - have upgraded to latest code and reloaded both the TX and the Pro2+. Still seeing the same erroneous readings on the temp graph... Sad

Will have to think up a plan of action, and keep looking into the issue...

Mark R

Mark,

Most likely you forgot to install the pull up resistor on the DHT22 Dat line, or the sensor is faulty.
The TX unit you are using is on a breadboard, so its easy to test the DHT22 alone.

There isn't any error on the code which reads the DHT22 sensor.

(09-02-2017, 17:49)Werk_AG Wrote:  Mark,

Most likely you forgot to install the pull up resistor on the DHT22 Dat line, or the sensor is faulty.
The TX unit you are using is on a breadboard, so its easy to test the DHT22 alone.

There isn't any error on the code which reads the DHT22 sensor.

Hi Werk,  These are the first of the new PCBs (TX / Pro2+ RX) that I got recently, and will be heading to a mate in Syd, once ready to go.  I'll check the pull-up resistor on the I/O line.

Mark R