Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

Radio data format
#2

Hi,

I will be following this thread with interest because I also would like to use other transceivers and/or host microcontrollers (for lower power applications).  But perhaps I can give a few answers.

Weatherduino originally used the "Virtualwire" Arduino library, but a few months ago this was replaced by "Radiohead".  However, I believe the wireless protocol is basically the same and converts each group of 4 bits to 6 bits using a lookup table, to "balance" the number of 0s and 1s.  Each packet terminates with a CRC "checksum", but I don't know if this is 16 bits or 8.

The present Weatherduino boards use purely "dumb" transmitter and receiver modules, but many modern "Smart" transceivers (particularly LoRa) need to be configured by the host microcontroller.  However, Werk recently commented in a thread that the "development team" already has a prototype LoRa system under test.  Wink

Yes the Fine Offset "Solar Screen" is terrible even in UK, with a rise of at least 5 degrees C when the sun hits it. I put mine in a "shaded" location (not up on the mast as the optimistic FO photos show) and I've seen it suggested that painting the screen with "brilliant white" paint can help. But I also would like to use a few FO screens (since I have several) and propose to try a modestly-sized PV Solar Panel to create some "shade" and to run a small computer fan inside the Solar Screen.

Cheers,  Alan.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
Radio data format - by markkkk42 - 26-06-2018, 09:33
RE: Radio data format - by AllyCat - 26-06-2018, 15:51
RE: Radio data format - by werk_ag - 27-06-2018, 02:28
RE: Radio data format - by markkkk42 - 26-06-2018, 23:23
RE: Radio data format - by werk_ag - 27-06-2018, 01:59
RE: Radio data format - by StaLeWaR - 05-08-2018, 22:21
RE: Radio data format - by werk_ag - 05-08-2018, 23:48



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)