Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

You have been warned....
#3

Hi PalmyWeather.

I sent my dead board to Werk_AG for an Autopsy and I'm sure he'll give the full details. But as I understand it....

In my case the 74AHC244 device had failed, almost certainly because voltage had been applied to an input while the chip itself was not powered - the result of "stray" power from the USB connection. Apparently similar damage can also be caused to the flash memory chip and WiFi module although in the case of my board, that wasn't the case fortunately. 

I think it's unlikely any of the peripheral components are damaged although I can't be sure until I've tested them on a replacement board. They *should* be ok, the PLUS board itself wasn't killed instantly, it died a slow death... Blush Blush  It seems the first symptoms appeared here:

http://www.meteocercal.info/forum/Thread...on-PLUS-rx

In my last post I thought my "intermittent problem" had been solved or gone away, as intermittents sometimes do, but a few days after that last post the symptoms reappeared and in another day or so the board had died completely.

I hope that helps but I'm sure the Coroner, Werk_AG , will be along to fill in any bits I've missed and to repeat the importance of making sure there's absolutely no chance of unwanted power from the USB!!

Regards,

Allan.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
You have been warned.... - by AllanG - 01-04-2017, 08:54
RE: You have been warned.... - by Palmyweather - 01-04-2017, 09:22
RE: You have been warned.... - by AllanG - 01-04-2017, 10:05
RE: You have been warned.... - by werk_ag - 01-04-2017, 19:18
RE: You have been warned.... - by clubjoker - 05-04-2017, 11:21
RE: You have been warned.... - by qldbureau - 10-04-2017, 05:48
RE: You have been warned.... - by f4aii - 11-04-2017, 05:51
RE: You have been warned.... - by Barrow4491 - 11-04-2017, 08:17



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)