Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
  • 5

A few questions before I start
#2

Hi and welcome.

Quote:Could this be transferred to a Mega2560 or Uno reasonably easily?

Yes, I've done before. But it isn't supported.

Quote:The project will need to be monitored remotely from the site collecting some of the data in relatively high resolution (possibly upto 1Hz, mostly likely logged internally then uploaded in batches) rather than 1min/10min data. I'll then be post processing the data into different timescales to quantify the effect of filtered/averaged data available online, both for time and location as well as response times and filtering of the energy generation hardware.

Sampling at that speed may be an issue

Quote:I see that WeatherDuino Pro2s are typically connected to a PC for processing then data is uploaded to the web, could the data (raw or otherwise) be uploaded directly using an ethernet/gprs shield without the PC? I've seen the Raspberry Pi being mentioned quite a bit, is this a sensible alternative to a PC (as I also have no linux or RPi experience)?

Anything is possible, with the right knowledge and time.

Quote:Timing wise I have around 2-3 months to get this working (including some time for testing).

That may work, depending how many hours in that period you can actually put in. But sourcing parts from China will possibly take a third of that time.


I think you might be best to start afresh but by possibly looking at Werk_AG's code to see how it all ticks and get some ideas from there.
Reply


Messages In This Thread
A few questions before I start - by awood85 - 07-01-2016, 16:30
RE: A few questions before I start - by uncle_bob - 08-01-2016, 02:58
RE: A few questions before I start - by werk_ag - 08-01-2016, 03:48
RE: A few questions before I start - by awood85 - 19-01-2016, 09:40



Users browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)