10-08-2015, 23:18
The wiring seems good.
The most common cause of garbage on the screen is due to interference in the SPI communication between the screen and the board, this is why I have suggested you to try with smaller cables, but maybe there is a problem with the onboard logic level translator, or even with the display.
If you could test the display with another arduino (with a logic level translator, those displays requires 3.3V logic) will be great, but I suppose you will not have the required parts at hand.
Just in case, you could also try to carefully reheat the weldings at the TXB0104 IS (this IC is sensible to ESD, don't touch it with hands without ESD protection).
The most common cause of garbage on the screen is due to interference in the SPI communication between the screen and the board, this is why I have suggested you to try with smaller cables, but maybe there is a problem with the onboard logic level translator, or even with the display.
If you could test the display with another arduino (with a logic level translator, those displays requires 3.3V logic) will be great, but I suppose you will not have the required parts at hand.
Just in case, you could also try to carefully reheat the weldings at the TXB0104 IS (this IC is sensible to ESD, don't touch it with hands without ESD protection).

