30-12-2023, 08:37
(This post was last modified: 30-12-2023, 08:39 by Palmyweather.)
Thank you for the suggestion of running my DHT22 test code directly onto the WeatherDuino board. I had not thought of doing this before.
Before this for testing purposes I was using a breadboard/prototyping board to test the Nano with the DHT22 sensor.
I have tested your suggestion this evening. Sadly I get the same results however. The test code works fine even when run off the WeatherDuino board, but the TX software does not. At least I know it is not the circuitboard at fault.
Attached to this post, I have included the WeatherDuino TX software with the libraries that I have been using for testing. It would be interesting to see what results other people get with the attached program?
If the attached WeatherDuino TX software works correctly for someone else with a DHT22 sensor, I will try and find an alternative source of these to see a different product functions any differently. I would rather not try and mess around with my own library or editing software to make my current sensors work.
Also I have attached the alternative library with the testing code as a comparison between the two libraries.
My apologies that this topic has moved from a hardware question to a software question. I was not expecting this outcome when I was looking for alternative sensors.
As always, thank you for your help.
Matthew
Before this for testing purposes I was using a breadboard/prototyping board to test the Nano with the DHT22 sensor.
I have tested your suggestion this evening. Sadly I get the same results however. The test code works fine even when run off the WeatherDuino board, but the TX software does not. At least I know it is not the circuitboard at fault.
Attached to this post, I have included the WeatherDuino TX software with the libraries that I have been using for testing. It would be interesting to see what results other people get with the attached program?
If the attached WeatherDuino TX software works correctly for someone else with a DHT22 sensor, I will try and find an alternative source of these to see a different product functions any differently. I would rather not try and mess around with my own library or editing software to make my current sensors work.
Also I have attached the alternative library with the testing code as a comparison between the two libraries.
My apologies that this topic has moved from a hardware question to a software question. I was not expecting this outcome when I was looking for alternative sensors.
As always, thank you for your help.
Matthew

