Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average

SPIFFS Upload failed!
Sad 

Hello to all,
I have just purchased a WeatherDuino Pro2 Compact RX.
I edited the Config_Options.h and Credentials.h file with all my data.
Now I'm ready to recompile and upload the modified soft, but activating the "ESP8266 Sketch Data Upload" option in the Arduino IDE (to reload fonts and splash screens) I get the following error:
Code:

Arduino:1.8.11 (Windows 7), Scheda:"LOLIN(WEMOS) D1 R2 & mini, 80 MHz, Flash, Legacy (new can return nullptr), All SSL ciphers (most compatible), 4MB (FS:2MB OTA:~1019KB), v2 Lower Memory, Disabled, None, Only Sketch, 921600"

[SPIFFS] data    : C:\Users\Alex\Documents\Arduino\software\RX software\WeatherDuino_P2ESP8266_RX_v3.1_b012\data
[SPIFFS] size    : 2024
[SPIFFS] page    : 256
[SPIFFS] block   : 8192
/fonts/ArialBold11.vlw

/fonts/ArialBold11LEA.vlw

/fonts/NotoSansBold14.vlw

/fonts/NotoSansBold14LEA.vlw

/icon50/clear-day.bmp

/icon50/clear-night.bmp

/icon50/cloudy.bmp

/icon50/drizzle.bmp

/icon50/fog.bmp

/icon50/hail.bmp

/icon50/lightRain.bmp

/icon50/partly-cloudy-day.bmp

/icon50/partly-cloudy-night.bmp

/icon50/rain.bmp

/icon50/sleet.bmp

/icon50/snow.bmp

/icon50/thunderstorm.bmp

/icon50/unknown.bmp

/icon50/wind.bmp

/icons/home.bmp

/icons/home1.bmp

/icons/moisture.bmp

/icons/termometro.bmp

/icons/tree.bmp

/icons/tree1.bmp

/icons/WDicon.bmp

/splash/Pro2Compact_Splash.jpg

/splash/WDlogo.jpg

[SPIFFS] upload  : C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Temp\arduino_build_348323/WeatherDuino_P2ESP8266_RX_v3.1_b012.spiffs.bin
[SPIFFS] address  : 0x200000
[SPIFFS] reset    : --before default_reset --after hard_reset
[SPIFFS] port     : COM17
[SPIFFS] speed    : 921600
[SPIFFS] python   : python.exe
[SPIFFS] uploader : C:\Users\Alex\AppData\Local\Arduino15\packages\esp8266\hardware\esp8266\2.6.3\tools\upload.py

usage: esptool [-h] [--chip {auto,esp8266,esp32}] [--port PORT] [--baud BAUD]

[--before {default_reset,no_reset,no_reset_no_sync}]

[--after {hard_reset,soft_reset,no_reset}] [--no-stub]

[--trace] [--override-vddsdio [{1.8V,1.9V,OFF}]]

{load_ram,dump_mem,read_mem,write_mem,write_flash,run,image_info,make_image,elf2image,read_mac,chip_id,flash_id,read_flash_status,write_flash_status,read_flash,verify_flash,erase_flash,erase_region,version}

esptool: error: unrecognized arguments: --end

SPIFFS Upload failed!

I checked the libraries, and the Arduino folders and everything seems ok.
What could be causing this error (esptool??)?
Thanks everyone for the help.

Alex

Hi Canna,

Go to boards manager, and revert to ESP8266 boards manager v2.4.2
Use 1M for SPIFFS.

Normally there is no need to upload data to the SPIFFS memory each time we program / upgrade de code, unless the SPIFFS content was deleted per example by changing its size. That seems what happened to you probably because you aren't using ESP8266 boards manager v2.4.2 as required and stated on the download pages.

Rgs.

Hi Werk_AG,
thanks for your help.
Now all is ok.
My weather station is on line and work well! 
Thanks again!!  Like

Alex
(20-02-2020, 00:23)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi Canna,

Go to boards manager, and revert to ESP8266 boards manager v2.4.2
Use 1M for SPIFFS.

Hello Canna,

I'm very glad to know that all is working and your Auriol weather station is now online.
Surely, as you can testimony, the Pro2 Compact is the easiest, fast and powerful system to any owner of an Auriol weather station which wish not only store the weather data, but also put them online.
Those which only want to upload data to Wunderground, don't even need a computer or RPi, the Pro2 Compact do it all alone.

I know the Auriol weather station is quite popular in Italy, if you are happy with the Pro2 Compact, share your experience with others.
Thank you.

If you need any additional info about using the multipliers with Cumulus, please create a new topic, I will be glad to help.

Hi Werk_AG
and thanks for all the help.

I can absolutely confirm what you wrote:
the Pro2 Compact is truly the best choice for those who do not have much experience with electronics or simply want to be online immediately!!

The Auriol weather station is quite common in Italy as it has a low price; moreover, it is often sold at a discounted price (LIDL supermarket).
Surely its accuracy will not be comparable to much more famous weather stations (Davis, etc.) but to start it is fine.

Now I need to "tune" the data managed by Cumulus; infact I have noticed that the values (especially on temperature and humidity) ​​are not always exact.
I'm looking for in Internet to understand if these inaccuracies can be corrected by changing the Cumulus parameters.
Unfortunately I have little free time to spend on this activity, but I don't give up! Wink

See you soon.

Alex