WeatherDuino Forum
Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground - Printable Version

+- WeatherDuino Forum (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum)
+-- Forum: Weather Stations - WeatherDuino Pro2 Line (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Software Questions (https://www.meteocercal.info/forum/forum-10.html)
+--- Thread: Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground (/thread-1871.html)

Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground - sarahdal - 04-07-2020

I have a Pro2 Compact which is working great with the TX! So I've put in the correct WU station ID and password in Credentials.h, and changed ENABLE_WU_UPLOAD   to "1" in Config_Options.h, but still nothing is being sent to Weather Underground. The middle "led" in the top left of the RX display is red, which I think indicates it isn't in contact with Wunderground. What can I do to get this to connect?

RE: Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground - JT118 - 05-07-2020

Have you put your router details  into credentials:

WiFi Credentials
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
const char* WIFI_SSID     = "ABCD_DEF_34";
const char* WIFI_PASSWORD = "12345678";

Check SSID especially

RE: Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground - werk_ag - 05-07-2020

(04-07-2020, 22:37)sarahdal Wrote:  I have a Pro2 Compact which is working great with the TX! So I've put in the correct WU station ID and password in Credentials.h, and changed ENABLE_WU_UPLOAD   to "1" in Config_Options.h, but still nothing is being sent to Weather Underground. The middle "led" in the top left of the RX display is red, which I think indicates it isn't in contact with Wunderground. What can I do to get this to connect?

Hi,

On Credentials.h, instead of your WU password, put your Station key. If you don't know it, log on to your WU account, and see it.

Code:
// --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//   WU Credentials
const char* WU_STATION_ID = "ILISBOAA11";         // WU Station ID
const char* WU_PWD        = "XXXXXXXX";           // WU Station Key

RE: Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground - sarahdal - 05-07-2020

Yes, the rx is connected to the Wifi no problem, I can see the weather at "ip.address/weather" and I've put the station key in the password, not my wunderground password

RE: Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground - werk_ag - 06-07-2020

Hi,

Please check if you are using the latest ESP8266 board manager, which is 2.7.1. If not, upgrade the boards manager.
Don't forget to choose as Flash size 4M(FS:1Mb OTA ... )

After upgrading boards manager you need to upload the fonts and icons again, using the ESP866 Sketch Data Upload.

Now compile the code and upload it the usual way.

Rgs.

RE: Connecting Pro 2 Compat to Wunderground - sarahdal - 07-07-2020

Hia,

It's all working now! I didn't have the rain sensor connected yet as I was waiting one from ebay, and did not realise the weatherduino wouldn't connect until all sensors were working. Thank you for all your help!

(06-07-2020, 01:28)Werk_AG Wrote:  Hi,

Please check if you are using the latest ESP8266 board manager, which is 2.7.1. If not, upgrade the boards manager.
Don't forget to choose as Flash size 4M(FS:1Mb OTA ... )

After upgrading boards manager you need to upload the fonts and icons again, using the ESP866 Sketch Data Upload.

Now compile the code and upload it the usual way.

Rgs.